Spark Plugs for Turbo

What is the best type of spark plugs to run on a turbo bike?

Run the stock CR9E . . . gap them between .018'-.020". IMHO, Iridiums are a waste of $$ . . . that opinion is based on over thirty years of building, racing and tuning turbos . . but then again, I could be wrong:laugh:

Run the stock CR9E . . . gap them between .018'-.020". IMHO, Iridiums are a waste of $$ . . . that opinion is based on over thirty years of building, racing and tuning turbos . . but then again, I could be wrong:laugh:

LoL, iono bout that frank, you been on the money everytime i have talk to to u.
since we r on the subject, my plenum does have a nipple on the bottom and we ran it like you said to. the problem is now that turbo spools up to 7lbs then to 4. it wants to fluctuate and wont get an accurate reading on the boost gauge. iono if the gauge is reading right but the solenoid doesnt regulate cause it wired up it goes to 8 to 10lbs then spools up to 15 by 6k. i think its either the actuator or the manual boost controler. the solenoid is kicking on and working but without it being wired up i think its pulling on a 1-2lbs. any thots? you always been very helpful and very appreciative.

LoL, iono bout that frank, you been on the money everytime i have talk to to u.
since we r on the subject, my plenum does have a nipple on the bottom and we ran it like you said to. the problem is now that turbo spools up to 7lbs then to 4. it wants to fluctuate and wont get an accurate reading on the boost gauge. iono if the gauge is reading right but the solenoid doesnt regulate cause it wired up it goes to 8 to 10lbs then spools up to 15 by 6k. i think its either the actuator or the manual boost controler. the solenoid is kicking on and working but without it being wired up i think its pulling on a 1-2lbs. any thots? you always been very helpful and very appreciative.

First thing you need to do is check the actuator arm adjustment - that rod that goes to your wastegate arm - loosen the lock nut first, take the clip off, slide the arm off the pin, hold the wastegate arm closed with one hand while you slide the arm back on the pin -adjust the rod until its length makes it "tight" on the pin . . . a little pressure here will insure that your gate is starting off completely closed. Make a pull, watching it with an accurate boost gauge - needle flutter is not accurate, so if you have a crappy gauge it would pay to hook up something better, or even more than one at the same time. I always run two on my dyno - one liquid filled and one 3 bar map sensor. Make sure you have a good gauge so you are not wasting time.

Go directly from the plenum to your gate with the signal hose, just like you have now. You might even want to "tee" a connection to your boost gauge from this line, so you can further monitor the gate. Make sure the boost controller is totally eliminated - disconnect any hoses and unplug any wires. Get it out of there until your base setup is straightened out.

Do everything before making another pull, and while you are at it - also check all of your connections - all clamps and hoses: especially on your boost tube (turbo to plenum) and plenum to throttle bodies. Make sure all the clamps are tight and the connections are all good.

Make a pull and tell us what it does . . .:cheerleader:

Powerhouse is dead on with using the CR9E and gapping them on the low side. I gap mine at 19. Iridiums are to expensive and make no difference. When I drag race, I change them after every two race weekends because the C-16 is a bit tough on them.

Powerhouse is dead on with using the CR9E and gapping them on the low side. I gap mine at 19. Iridiums are to expensive and make no difference. When I drag race, I change them after every two race weekends because the C-16 is a bit tough on them.
I switched to E85 and you can't tell the plugs were ever ran. Love it:beerchug:

What he said....

Stock plugs get the job done and the price is rite.

Back