spark plugs how often

Rick D

Registered
How often do you have to change the spark plugs on a stage 1 setup? My setup is a Gen1 with stock compression and 9lbs of boost. Fuel pressure set at 42psi.???

How often do you have to change the spark plugs on a stage 1 setup? My setup is a Gen1 with stock compression and 9lbs of boost. Fuel pressure set at 42psi.???

If your bike was tuned properly, you will be able to observe the normal intervals for changing plugs. And when you take the old ones out, they will probably still look good . . .:beerchug:

Little rich, thats at boost not cruise right ??
I change mine if i notice a drop off in cruise quality or getting a bit harder to start,

OZBOOSTER I think your right because I looked back at my dyno sheet and it looks like 10.940 is what it was at 10,500rpm. I looks like it started out at about 12.3:thumbsup:

13 at idle,.......and 11.5 to 11.8 under boost. How are you getting away with 9 lbs. of boost on a stock engine? Even with a good tune,.......one good long pull and KA-BOOOOOOOM!!!

Well it has studs in it and 60# valve springs. I have already blew one head gasket but I was told it was because I was running half c16 and half 93. I've been doing a lot of street riding this year but when I drag race I make sure I run c16 only, so I drain the tank before I race.:laugh:

Back