Finally ordered GP4RX nickel calipers

Hi ali123. DME is running their standalone on some of their race bikes now. One of the guys at DME has a ton of money in his Motec and is taking it off for the new one they have. I have inturnaley lowered gen 1 forks very very stiff. Is your bike short necked? Is the frame raked? Does it have an aftermarket top triple tree?
its got an internal lowering kit in it... stiff.... its not raked... its still gotta serve as a streetbike...

alright toad... what do I do about rotors.. 310 or 320.. etc etc.... t-drive or hp brembos? or does brake tek make good stuff?

Hi ali123. DME is running their standalone on some of their race bikes now. One of the guys at DME has a ton of money in his Motec and is taking it off for the new one they have. I have inturnaley lowered gen 1 forks very very stiff. Is your bike short necked? Is the frame raked? Does it have an aftermarket top triple tree?
Michael... when do u think ull have the standalone installed>?... its hard for me to tell what u got done and what part is planned to do.

Get some cool pinch bolts and axle nut. Ti of course
20180831_121024.jpg

alright toad... what do I do about rotors.. 310 or 320.. etc etc.... t-drive or hp brembos? or does brake tek make good stuff?
Your wheel is Gen 1 compatible I am guessing , so you would want Gen 1 , 320mm replacements . The Brembo 'T-Drive' or HP series are both excellent stainless series Italian rotors , not up to speed on availability or price for Gen 1 , but should be easy to source . Double check the HP rotor thickness to the late model GP4-RX , but should be compatible .
Now , the Braketechs are USA beauties , they also are full floating rotors , are available in either stainless or ductile iron , and are available for Gen 1 . Not sure if they make an oversize front set like on my Gen 2 , but easy to find out . The stainless axis rotor variant comes in a trick wavy petal design , all Braketechs rotor carriers are hard annodized in stealthy colors , with choice of either red or blue buttons .
Most importantly , all the mentioned rotors are compatible with the GP4-RX pad swept area , and disc thickness should also be okay .
Nearly forgot , Braketech also make a beautiful rear floating rotor for Gen 1 Busa , not compatible with Gen 2 ..... :mad: , be a real nice set of rotors , right there !!

Last edited:
Your wheel is Gen 1 compatible I am guessing , so you would want Gen 1 , 320mm replacements . The Brembo 'T-Drive' or HP series are both excellent stainless series Italian rotors , not up to speed on availability or price for Gen 1 , but should be easy to source . Double check the HP rotor thickness to the late model GP4-RX , but should be compatible .
Now , the Braketechs are USA beauties , they also are full floating rotors , are available in either stainless or ductile iron , and are available for Gen 1 . Not sure if they make an oversize front set like on my Gen 2 , but easy to find out . The stainless axis rotor variant comes in a trick wavy petal design , all Braketechs rotor carriers are hard annodized in stealthy colors , with choice of either red or blue buttons .
Most importantly , all the mentioned rotors are compatible with the GP4-RX pad swept area , and disc thickness should also be okay .
Nearly forgot , Braketech also make a beautiful rear floating rotor for Gen 1 Busa , not compatible with Gen 2 ..... :mad: , be a real nice set of rotors , right there !!
u got a website to buy from? or to even see my choices? what do u recommend.... ? the brake tech stuff I wanna look into

https://braketech.com/ is USA official site , to view possible options , but I bet Frank could source any Braketech rotor set up you want , and you will get to extra appreciate our Org. sponsers this week Ali !!
its such a pain to order this stuff and contact them personally to double check fitment.... we agreed I would source parts..... hell be doing other stuff to the bike while its there...… I make sure he stay busy/ its a cz front rim and I wanna do a wheel bearing also..... I have to be sure these rotors bolt onto the rim... then I need a whole assortment of spacers to mate the calipers to the rotors.

Piss easy to order , Braketechs and Brembo for that matter are model pacific , so if you do contact them it would be for availability .
I chose Braketechs because they were available in Ductile Iron ,and in oversize 330mm for Gen 2 . The iron rotors are lighter than stainless , and largely better braking material , but in outdoor storage or exposed to wet , will get a layer of surface rust , which disappears after first brake application . I chose Braketech because they are beautiful , trick and very tough .

Back