New Busa Owner, need one bit of information about brakes

kutworksinc

Registered
Ok, Ive been riding for a few years, had a few bikes of different varieties. I picked up this 00 busa for really really cheap.

So, I get the bike home, Im going thru it, needs some fresh rubber, a little polish, some minor upkeep, and I get to the front brakes, one rotor and caliper is missing.
Im not one of the guys that rides with one front rotor. Im ordering a fresh set of rotors, pads, and a new left caliper. The problem is, theres no brake line there, obviously.
So heres the question, do the brakes on the gen1 bikes have a double banjo on the master cylinder? Or does it have a single line the runs to one caliper, with a double banjo there that has a jumper line to feed the other caliper?

I recommend the 'race set up'.
Two braided hoses, each one specific to each caliper and attaching with 'double banjos' at the master cylinder.
This will improve the brake feel and braking force by a considerable amount.
Also be sure to use EBC HH sintered or EBC HH ceramic pads for maximum braking power.
This transformed my brakes and I'm sure it will yours as well.
Enjoy! :beerchug:

If you upgrade to Galfer brake lines the double banjo goes to the MC. Works well and gives you an excuse to upgrade. I believe the bends of the fittings are different for MC double.

With the above suggestions, she will stop on a dime and give you change. New pads and lines makes a world of difference. You can always go one more step and upgrade to new master cylinders as well.

Thanks for the info! ordered a set of Galfer lines, fresh OEM rotors, a replacement caliper off ebay, and rebuilt kit to rebuild both of them. Basically the entire front brakes will be new, with the exception of the MC.

Back