Finally ordered GP4RX nickel calipers

Are those different calipers than gen2 brembo?
Hi ali123. DME is running their standalone on some of their race bikes now. One of the guys at DME has a ton of money in his Motec and is taking it off for the new one they have. I have inturnaley lowered gen 1 forks very very stiff. Is your bike short necked? Is the frame raked? Does it have an aftermarket top triple tree?

Are those different calipers than gen2 brembo?
They are different to your Brembo cast monobloc Gen 2 calipers , by being 2 piece billet bodied . Not sure about the Brembo cast monobloc Gen 2 calipers piston size offhand , but the billet GP4-RX = 32mm / 32mm opposing sets .
The calipers your Gen 2 runs Shade are really the motorcycle industry standard , a very good performing caliper , but possibly let down on the Busa by an old design master cylinder pump . Many companies are running that cast Brembo in either 100mm or 108mm pitch , but run a better master cylinder match .

u think the modded gen1 forks are inadequate?

No way I could know that but if the forks are setup to your weight/riding style you should get a performance advantage with these brakes. Sixpack is right about setting sag and this is one reason why. When the sag is right the forks move in the sweet spot of the stroke, so they work as well as possible. Also depends on how the forks were modified. Drag racers are mostly concerned with holding the front down, which is basically the opposite of what you want on the street, so if the mods weren't made with street riding/racing in mind it may not be an improvement.

I'm not an expert on this topic though so you may ask Frank about these ideas and get his thoughts.

They are different to your Brembo cast monobloc Gen 2 calipers , by being 2 piece billet bodied . Not sure about the Brembo cast monobloc Gen 2 calipers piston size offhand , but the billet GP4-RX = 32mm / 32mm opposing sets .
The calipers your Gen 2 runs Shade are really the motorcycle industry standard , a very good performing caliper , but possibly let down on the Busa by an old design master cylinder pump . Many companies are running that cast Brembo in either 100mm or 108mm pitch , but run a better master cylinder match .

Yes, these are higher in quality than the stock Busa Brembos. The M4 Brembo would be another step up and then you get to the professional stuff. The sort of industry standard Brembos are the 108 MM version, which I currently am running. Note that the performance increases you get with some of these higher end Brembos are advantages designed for the rigors of racing and may just be bling on a street bike. As ROAD says, changing all the plumbing and MC is the key......

Yes, these are higher in quality than the stock Busa Brembos. The M4 Brembo would be another step up and then you get to the professional stuff. The sort of industry standard Brembos are the 108 MM version, which I currently am running. Note that the performance increases you get with some of these higher end Brembos are advantages designed for the rigors of racing and may just be bling on a street bike. As ROAD says, changing all the plumbing and MC is the key......
The M4 Brembo's are the '13 ABS Busa calipers' . The GP4-RX 108mm or 100mm are premier street caliper but the Brembo P4 radial billet caliper is also the other street billet option from Brembo . They all feature street friendly dust seals .
The next level is indeed the recommended race only varieties , that are monobloc billet calipers , with various 4 piston configurations , the first up would be the GP4-RR 108mm or 100mm bridged monoblocs . The level of trickery goes up with price , but US $ 4000 pair set is considered race 'midtech' to factory race teams !!

I got lucky as the previous owner put Brembo calipers from a newer Busa on my 09 with an R1 Brembo MC, this bike stops like nothing I have ridden before.

I got lucky as the previous owner put Brembo calipers from a newer Busa on my 09 with an R1 Brembo MC, this bike stops like nothing I have ridden before.
That would be an excellent master cylinder M4 Brembo combination , I think that last owner did some really smart , proven upgrades to your machine bro , you really scored a well sorted Busa .

That would be an excellent master cylinder M4 Brembo combination , I think that last owner did some really smart , proven upgrades to your machine bro , you really scored a well sorted Busa .
As soon as I saw the upgrades on the bike at the dealership, I knew the previous owner knew what he was doing..
I got to meet the previous owner (Zed1000) and he told me he set the bike up to chase down 600s and liter bikes in the corners and blast them on the straights. He set the suspension and brakes up specifically for doing this. The Bazzaz added the torque to help...

I got lucky.

MC 001.JPG

Do you know if the 2013 on factory Brembos bolt right up to Gen 1 forks?

Do you know if the 2013 on factory Brembos bolt right up to Gen 1 forks?

Honestly I wouldn't know as this bike was set up by the previous owner. I don't think the Gen 1 bike had the mono-block brakes so I would wager the answer is no....

Sorry I couldn't help more.

I would if I didn't have almost $2500 worth of Ohlins hardware in my forks. I found a conversion kit on Ebay here
and probably go with a 19RCS master.

Back