Finally ordered GP4RX nickel calipers

We luvya Ali . . and I prefer your new Avatar too lol.

Wow, I've been watching some of the old fights with Ali back in the 60's and early seventies, man it brought back memories! I actually saw some of those bouts at the time, I was like 10 years, my dad said he was 'the greatest', but thought he was arrogant for talkin' himself up all the time.
I watched a fight he had with Spinks . . . . that little guy was an absolute machine. he just hammered away with repetitive combos and Ali just took it, Ali looked like he was gonna collapse at one point, then came back and walloped Spinks lol.
Ali sure was the Greatest. :super::bowdown::thumbsup:

Last edited:

Wow, I've been watching some of the old fights with Ali back in the 60's and early seventies, man it brought back memories! I actually saw some of those bouts at the time, I was like 10 years, my dad said he was 'the greatest', but thought he was arrogant for talkin' himself up all the time.
I watched a fight he had with Spinks . . . . that little guy was an absolute machine. he just hammered away with repetitive combos and Ali just took it, Ali looked like he was gonna collapse at one point, then came back and walloped Spinks lol.
yup... he could punch like a heavyweight and MOVE like a middleweight... and his biggest curse and blessing... is when Ali figured out he had one of the greatest chins in history.

Im a regular contributor to ringtv.com and sometimes on fighthype.com... im a boxing historian and there have been many many changes throughout the years to make the sport the way it is now.. espescially the use of BIG gloves in the lower weight classes... 12 ounce gloves on welterweights DO NOT produce big knockouts (for the most part)… big promoters(AL HAYMON and Golden boy promotions) have a lot of control now and rival networks(ESPN/HBO/Showtime/SKY sports in the UK) have almost created three or four separate sets of rosters of fighters,,, and the proliferation of sanctioning bodies have produced many many belts and titles to identify.... but the RING belt generally holds the most credibility(strict criteria for being crowned champion)… the only bad thing now.... Golden Boy and Oscar delaHoya OWN ring magazine.... I just hoipe that delahoya doesn't compromise the credibility of the publication....

thanks man.. my daddy always told me to keep my mouth shut and let people assume im ignorant... DONT open it and remove all doubt.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

Your calipers come in yet?

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

Your calipers come in yet?
yes... that is the quote....Lincoln or Twain? as far as the calipers..... still not here yet... and my adapters came in from Taiwan,,, but FEDEX REALLY IS SLOW... calipers are coming from CA I believe... and I cant believe how slow the service is with fedex.

• 9/25/2018 - Tuesday
    12:26 am In transit
    GREENE TWP, PA

• 9/18/2018 - Tuesday
    1:04 pm Shipment information sent to FedEx

I thought for sure they would have been in by now. I usually don't have delays like that with FedEx.
man... NOT EVEN HERE TODAY.. look at this poop.. one state a day...
9/25/2018 - Tuesday
1:18 pmArrived at FedEx location

KEASBEY, NJ
  • 9/25/2018 - Tuesday
    12:26 amIn transit

GREENE TWP, PA
  • 9/24/2018 - Monday
    11:25 amIn transit

BURBANK, IL
  • 9/23/2018 - Sunday
    10:49 pmIn transit

NORTHLAKE, IL
  • 9/23/2018 - Sunday
    10:39 pmIn transit

BERKELEY, IL
  • 9/23/2018 - Sunday
    1:48 amIn transit

man... NOT EVEN HERE TODAY.. look at this poop.. one state a day...
9/25/2018 - Tuesday
1:18 pmArrived at FedEx location

KEASBEY, NJ
  • 9/25/2018 - Tuesday
    12:26 amIn transit

GREENE TWP, PA
  • 9/24/2018 - Monday
    11:25 amIn transit

BURBANK, IL
  • 9/23/2018 - Sunday
    10:49 pmIn transit

NORTHLAKE, IL
  • 9/23/2018 - Sunday
    10:39 pmIn transit

• BERKELEY, IL
  • 9/23/2018 - Sunday
    1:48 amIn transit

you sure you didn't check pony Express instead of fedex?

You'll need a tool to bleed brakes with.
The old, fill the mc and pump the lever will never work.
You can use a big syringe(no needle)and hose connected to each caliper and push fluid up to the mc, then bleed/refill mc/pump lever as normal.
Once you're done, zip tie the lever to the bar and let it sit overnight, bleed again, and it's done. This gets All the air out of the lines.
Wrap the grip and lever in cardboard to protect them from the zip tie.

Can I ask you why it will never work? I just did it that way a week ago (first time) and it worked well. Did i miss something or do you mean its a complicated way of doing it so?

@ali123 can I assume they finally came in?
they came in... I want to put a Robinsons shaft support on the bike/have the bike looked over/check the tune(maybe c16 runs... see if we can get a clean run outta the bike (crack 600hp)/and have the brakes done.... winter project stuff as im still ordering the brake stuff/resoiviores/master cylinder etc..... im waiting till tax time so that at least I can TRY to hide how much I spend on this thing... but at least I got the calipers in my hands.

they came in... I want to put a Robinsons shaft support on the bike/have the bike looked over/check the tune(maybe c16 runs... see if we can get a clean run outta the bike (crack 600hp)/and have the brakes done.... winter project stuff as im still ordering the brake stuff/resoiviores/master cylinder etc..... im waiting till tax time so that at least I can TRY to hide how much I spend on this thing... but at least I got the calipers in my hands.
Are going with brembo MCs as well?

Back