brembo calipers

1badasbusa

Registered
Ok, I did some searching and couldnt find want I needed to know. Maybe someone can help. I also didnt want to butcher someone else's tread. I found these calipers and adapters. Will they actualy bolt right on? A gen 1.

adapters Caliper adapters for 65mm Brembo to 96-99 style GSXR and Kawasaki

calipers Caliper- 4 Pad Silver Left

The calipers are the same that would be on a Ducati 999 or a 749.

Any thoughts?? Any help.How do you think they would perform? I found the other brembo calipers that would be on the st2 that might work. I'm geussing that the 999/749 would be a better suite being the st2 is more of a sport tour bike.

I'm thinking those calipers and a 19x20 master cylinder, breaded lines and rotors. It should make a good package.

Call Yoyodyne and see if they still make them! Last i knew he didn't have any!

Call Yoyodyne and see if they still make them! Last i knew he didn't have any!

I did talk to them. Thats where I got this idea. I was just wondering if anyone has done it yet and how it works. I wanted to make sure i'm on the right page.

I did talk to them. Thats where I got this idea. I was just wondering if anyone has done it yet and how it works. I wanted to make sure i'm on the right page.

Im trying to find a link, there is a bracket that converts to radial mounts, also!

That setup should work perfectly, it's the same as I have on mine... except my calipers are the 4 pot, 4 pad Goldline series :thumbsup:

this must be the cheapest way to convert to brembos I have ever seen (in a good way) those are the same calipers as on the 999 as you say, I have a 999 and they work great way way better than the busa.
AGRAS at moto-works.jp have the adapters for radial calipers but they are like 400 or so $
keep us updated please :thumbsup:

this must be the cheapest way to convert to brembos I have ever seen (in a good way) those are the same calipers as on the 999 as you say, I have a 999 and they work great way way better than the busa.
AGRAS at moto-works.jp have the adapters for radial calipers but they are like 400 or so $
keep us updated please :thumbsup:

YEP, I bought a set of calipers from a 04 999. I used the bracket from gixxerfixxer AND bingo. Brembo set up. Im having issues with my stock m/c binding but the brakes feel better. I want to set the rear up too. I found this

motorcycle gallery - unique motorcycle parts and accessories for the track and street from beanos-nuts - M H Products >>

The caliper they have on it looks like the 996 or monster caliper. Im wondering what the bolt measurements are to use a better caliper. Either one would have to be better than the stock busa. I had issues with mine since it was new. Braided line didnt help much. They also sell just the bracket and torque arm with out the caliper. They quoted me a price shipped of 127.0 I didnt think that was to bad. Then find a ebay caliper and Bingo rear brembo too.

GetAttachment.aspx

Im still trying to figure out how switching from the stock 6 pot caliper to a brembo 4 pot is an upgrade? the one pictured doesn't look like a mono block, so I cant see it being that much stiffer. Also seems like you losing some pad surface area.

Im still trying to figure out how switching from the stock 6 pot caliper to a brembo 4 pot is an upgrade? the one pictured doesn't look like a mono block, so I cant see it being that much stiffer. Also seems like you losing some pad surface area.

Anything has to be better than the stockers:whistle:

YEP, I bought a set of calipers from a 04 999. I used the bracket from gixxerfixxer AND bingo. Brembo set up. Im having issues with my stock m/c binding but the brakes feel better. I want to set the rear up too. I found this

motorcycle gallery - unique motorcycle parts and accessories for the track and street from beanos-nuts - M H Products >>

The caliper they have on it looks like the 996 or monster caliper. Im wondering what the bolt measurements are to use a better caliper. Either one would have to be better than the stock busa. I had issues with mine since it was new. Braided line didnt help much. They also sell just the bracket and torque arm with out the caliper. They quoted me a price shipped of 127.0 I didnt think that was to bad. Then find a ebay caliper and Bingo rear brembo too.

GetAttachment.aspx

Looking to do this too (front calipers that is) because I agree with most folks here that the stock calipers just aren't very good. I checked the Yoyodyne site and they have busa-specific adapter brackets that work with the 4-pad calipers (will be getting the gold). Question: are the banjo bolts the same size as for stock? I already have Galfer steel brake lines that I'm hoping I can still use.

GetAttachment.aspx

Glad you're up and running with your setup :thumbsup:

I've just added a 19x20 brembo radial MC to mine and I was actually quite shocked at the difference. I was happy enough with the setup the way it was but I stumbled upon a MC for the right money and decided to give it a go... it's definitely worth the upgrade if you can find one cheap enough.

Bigger isn't always better... especially where 6 pot toks are concerned.

It's all about swept area and PSI (and the fact that brembo calipers don't sieze up when you so much as breathe on them)

Generally speaking, most 4 pot caliper setups on bikes are better (apply more braking effort) than their 6 pot caliper equivalent. Most 6 pot setups are just for the bling factor.

Anything has to be better than the stockers:whistle:

Spot on... and the fact that brembo are possibly the best brake manufacturer in the world.

Looking to do this too (front calipers that is) because I agree with most folks here that the stock calipers just aren't very good. I checked the Yoyodyne site and they have busa-specific adapter brackets that work with the 4-pad calipers (will be getting the gold). Question: are the banjo bolts the same size as for stock? I already have Galfer steel brake lines that I'm hoping I can still use.

The banjo bolts are a finer thread on the brembo calipers (M10 x 1.0... I think) but the brembo banjo bolts will fit in your lines as they are both 10mm banjos.

I've been inundated with calls and questions about the adapter plates and a lot of people have bought them for the hayabusa and a few other bikes that use the same 6 pot toks and it seems everyone is more than happy with the results.

I've just done the drawings for a set of adapter plates to suit the 100mm brembo radial calipers. There will probably be very little difference in stopping power between these and the 4 pot 4 pad axial calipers but they do look sexier :thumbsup:

I sent the drawings off to the engineer last night so hopefully, I will have a set of radial calipers mounted in a week or so. I'll post the pictures/results as soon as they're fitted :beerchug:

reading the previous posts, wouldn't a 6 pot caliper have more friction to deal with compared to a 4 pot? considering the friction between the pot-part and the seal, or seal and caliper.. however it's set up..

Back