Brembo calipers

Lycan6

Registered
I was wondering abot the difference between the gen II non-brembo calipers compared to the brembos and if it was worth it to switch. I am looking at doing this but wanted to kow if the feel was that much improved. I have an '08 now but lookng at getting some gen II brembos. What say the masses that know?

Do it. The difference is great. Specifically, there is greater feel. What I mean by that is when trail braking deep into a corner you can work the brake with 2 fingers and just keep that little weight on the brakes you need. The ultimate power of the Brembos is stronger, but it's the feel and controllability that will impress you. If you think about level travel, the stock brakes you get 1/2 way in before you feel anything and then its starting immediately to stop the bike. The Brembos start at 1/8 of the level pull and you can do things like adjust the balance of the bike before you get to where you are really stopping the bike, hope that makes sense. I have the Brembo MC and Goodrich Kevlar lines (long story got them cheap, SS is just as good IMHO) too so my comments are on that configuration.

Thanks Fallen. I've seen and heard good things about the master cylinders but wasn't sure if just the calipers would provide drastic improvement over the stock ones as well. I'll be pulling the trigger today.

So I have a few questions about upgrading a gen1 to a set of brembo's front and rear... I just bought new wave rotors and ebc extreme pads and core s/s lines all the way around so I spent quite a bit of $ but don't like the way the stockers feel if I go this route can I still use what I already have or do I need to change the whole set up? I really want the radial mount calipers and want to upgrade the m/c's... I wish I would have done more research before I started

I can recommend running the Brembo RCS 17 master cylinder with current GP4-RX / black .484 Brembo 4 x 32mm piston calipers . This pump gives more feel at lever than the 19 RCS , the 19 is alternative more robust outright feel . The RCS17 is not recommended if piston diameter is greater than 32mm .

I can recommend running the Brembo RCS 17 master cylinder with current GP4-RX / black .484 Brembo 4 x 32mm piston calipers . This pump gives more feel at lever than the 19 RCS , the 19 is alternative more robust outright feel . The RCS17 is not recommended if piston diameter is greater than 32mm .
I went with Beringers 6 piston front & 2 piston rear with D M E light weight 8 inch rear rotor. masters are beringers too. I made up my own lines with aluminum banjo bolts & aluminum fittings.

Back