Brembo Calipers

shenoyp

Hayabusa Master Jedi
Donating Member
Registered
Well, after almost 3 months of hunting around for Adapters... and lot of other small glitches, Those Brembo Calipers are finally mounted on Elenor.

I have to admit, Brembo + Radial Calipers do wonders to the braking efficiency of the Busa. The braking is better than the EBC HH race pads... and I have only about five miles on the new calipers. I'm pretty confidant that they will bite harder once they wear in a lil.

Here are a few Pictures
biggrin.gif

Brembo1.jpg

duly noted...and observed.

Looks real nice, Shen....but I'd just like give you a precautionary warning...

you now have to adjust how hard you grab the front brakes...with the new calipers and SB lines, Elenor will bite very hard....much more than the stockers. Be cognizant of that fact and start practicing your panic braking techniques again.

Also, I noticed the SB line in the back...be cautious of that one too. Since the SB won't expand as much as the regular stockers, that means that you'll have more bite in the rear brake as well. Imagine: it's easy enough to lock up the rear with the stocker lines...what more with SB lines? Just be aware of these new additions when you ride....and re-adjust your style accordingly. Practice your panic stops again....this time with all the new hardware; try not to be too heavy-handed or heavy-footed. Remember: your braking performance has improved, so you need to readjust.

Other than that, she is lookin mighty fine, Shen...mighty fine.
thumbs-up.gif
wink.gif

Thank you Pacific ... I'll keep all that you said in mind!!

I have already started to readjust my riding to accomadate the Brembo's. Dayaum they bite hard... Endo prone I would say
wink.gif

I'm used to the rear brake with the steel liner, and the EBC HH pads ... cuase they have been there for about 500 Miles now
biggrin.gif

<!--EDIT|shenoyp
Reason for Edit: None given...|1124183710 -->

They look good! Where did you get the adapters and what were the other issues?

Hey Shenoyp, why are there two lines going to the brembo on one side of the bike? I noticed there stacked (the lines that is..) Would this mean there are a total of four lines? Two to each side.....

They look good! Where did you get the adapters and what were the other issues?
I got the adapter on eBay Paul... A gentelman from Tiwan was selling em! The other issue was that, the Radial Cylinder that I had bought did not fit my Busa... so we had to do away with it, and use the stock master cylinder. Using the stock cylinder gave rise to another problem... there was no bleeding nipple at the cylinder or on the calipers, so we could not bleed the brake. So I have to end up ordering some bolts again on redracing.com, which had the nipple built into them
biggrin.gif

Its all fine now Paul. Highly recomend the switch to brembo... they are some good breaks
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

Hey Shenoyp, why are there two lines going to the brembo on one side of the bike? I noticed there stacked (the lines that is..) Would this mean there are a total of four lines? Two to each side.....
Nope ks... sorry to confuse you. My bad. My bad. Both the pictures that I have posted are of the right side
blush.gif

The number of lines are like stock. two to the right, and one to the left caliper
smile.gif

Looking Good!!! Those brembo's are sure pretty. I noticed that too that the brake lines were mounted the same way as stock. Is there a lot of slack from the lines that crosses the front fender from caliper to caliper? Most lines Ive scene run from two lines from the master cylinder to each caliper. If you do have a lot of slack I'd strongly advise that you redue the lines again. I never realised when I purchased my TL1000R used that came with aftermarket kevlar lines the set up was the way you have yours set up. There was so much slack. Braking wasnt affected but damn one day the line actually went behind the front fender and caught on the front tire. Well lets just say that wasnt a easy feeling.

Whole pics of the bike so we can take in the entire look please. Looks good though.

Why use the factory style crossover? Most believe the two full length lines from the master are better. Looks good though, the factory Busa's should have radials by now.
wink.gif

Those Brmbo calipers look really nice. I'd love to see the amount of distance reduced in that panic 200 mph slow down.
biggrin.gif

Hey Shenoyp...what kind of wheels are those and where did you get them. And yes....show a pic of the whole bike!

Hey Shenoyp...what kind of wheels are those and where did you get them. And yes....show a pic of the whole bike!
I presume they must be forged alluminium... not too sure of the material, but front and back put together have shaved off about 6kgs on Elenor
biggrin.gif

I got then on Schnitz Racing. The perticular design that I have are called saber ring mate

Back