Finally ordered GP4RX nickel calipers

they came in... I want to put a Robinsons shaft support on the bike/have the bike looked over/check the tune(maybe c16 runs... see if we can get a clean run outta the bike (crack 600hp)/and have the brakes done.... winter project stuff as im still ordering the brake stuff/resoiviores/master cylinder etc..... im waiting till tax time so that at least I can TRY to hide how much I spend on this thing... but at least I got the calipers in my hands.

Gotcha. I'm going to be starting my brake system upgrades this winter as well. Still trying to decide if Brembo calipers are worth it to me or just upgrade the lines, pads, and possibly the MCs.

Gotcha. I'm going to be starting my brake system upgrades this winter as well. Still trying to decide if Brembo calipers are worth it to me or just upgrade the lines, pads, and possibly the MCs.
I have nothing to compare my current setup to, but back when I did my upgrade, I just replaced my OEM calipers for a set of 2009 gsxr1000 monoblock tokicos and I’m happy. I look almost everyday for a set of used factory brembos for a good price, but to be honest, it’s probably more because they would look cooler than the tokicos, than for the performance.

Can I ask you why it will never work? I just did it that way a week ago (first time) and it worked well. Did i miss something or do you mean its a complicated way of doing it so?

I meant that normally, it takes a very long time to bleed them that way. Sometimes, it can be nearly impossible.

If you are not sure, start with lines and pads. Then the MC and finally the calipers. If any of the less costly mods do the trick for you stop.

PS: I swear by the Brembo full mod, but the main thing is building your confidence and getting to a system that allows good braking. Remember also that the suspension is at least 50% of the braking. Do the SS lines and HH pads and get the suspension setup right (maybe it already is?) and it will feel like a new bike.

Back