EICMA 2021

Could it have anything to do with insurance premiums being less for an unfaired bike in Europe?

I see lots of naked bikes around here....more than faired bikes generally.
to be honest not really for oldies , there are indeed less younger riders following behind US, there are three tests to pass to ride big bikes under 25 years of age, cheaper to learn to drive a car
Thank you EU :(

most of the roads i have driven are dead straight - North Dakota

Geez, I’ve been as far east as S Dakota, Devils Tower, Crazy Horse monument and Mt Rushmore. Those are some straight roads and that’s another reason I hate going east, crossing Nevada, Utah and Wyoming….ugggh. Eastern Oregon and eastern Washington and even eastern Montana have some seriously straight roads too. But California, western Oregon and northern Idaho and Montana are riding nirvana. Lots of curvy roads around here.

IMG_3621.jpg

IMG_3620.jpg

IMG_3619.jpg

IMG_3470.jpg

^^^^^
Those are some nice roads to put your chin down on the tank.

How is the deer situation there in CA?

Haven’t hit one! :) Living and riding where I do I keep comprehensive insurance on my car and both bikes just in case. Collision doesn’t cover hitting an animal. I see them occasionally in the foothills and in the parks but seldom see one that was hit. When I lived just north of the giant redwoods on the north coast I saw plenty. Took one out (or he took me out) one night on hiway 101 but that was over 40 years ago. Around here I mostly see squirrels, lots of squirrels, coyotes, tarantulas, turkeys, skunks and raccoons on the road.

Someone at Suzuki has been hitting the pipe! That new GSX-S1000GX+ is stickered at over$19000 dollars before taxes! Thats ~4 grand more than the Sport touring GSX-S1000GT+! So for that extra scratch you get electronic suspension and no Radar etc?

Someone at Suzuki has been hitting the pipe! That new GSX-S1000GX+ is stickered at over$19000 dollars before taxes! Thats ~4 grand more than the Sport touring GSX-S1000GT+! So for that extra scratch you get electronic suspension and no Radar etc?

I‘m looking at this GT+ that a salesman sz they’re asking $14,199 for. No radar but it does have cruise control. The touring (higher) windscreen is not extra but isn’t adjustable. Heated grips are optional. Surprisingly it doesn’t have a center stand, not even optional. I’m hoping to sit on it and maybe ride it soon. Also want to see where my V1 would sit. :laugh:
IMG_3638.jpg

Two grand more gets me a ZZR1400 or four grand more, a new Hayabusa or H2. My Z900RS is five years old this month and has 26,000 miles on it. Lo&hi blue book is $6,500-$8,900. I bought it from them, wonder what they’ll offer me on trade? :laugh: My Z is perfect in every way, no complaints other than it’s a nekkid bike. Day rides or even weekend rides are fine. I’ve ridden it thru eight states. I’ve ridden nekkid bikes for years and this one for five years. But for touring for a few days to the giant redwoods or the coast hiway or for a week or more crossing states, and usually at least, running into one days rain, a slight fairing and windscreen would really be appreciated. It is on the Busa even as small as its frontal area actually is. I doubt a seat/tailbag would even be needed. The hard bags, removable in seconds, can stay home for my local rides. Don’t know if it will fit me yet and why do I need a different bike?

Last edited:
Thats MSRP for the GT+. I actually like the red one myself.

Yep, tax and license is always added. I kinda like the red too. The red CB750 I had years ago was gorgeous and I wanted the gold one but couldn’t find one. Did you notice? All three have a gold tone frame section but only the red one has gold rims. Black has black and blue has blue, too much blue for me. I found out they made a different blue too, maybe first year?, a dark blue like Yamaha blue.

IMG_3603.jpg

IMG_3639.jpg

IMG_3640.jpg

IMG_3641.jpg

Yep, tax and license is always added. I kinda like the red too. The red CB750 I had years ago was gorgeous and I wanted the gold one but couldn’t find one. Did you notice? All three have a gold tone frame section but only the red one has gold rims. Black has black and blue has blue, too much blue for me. I found out they made a different blue too, maybe first year?, a dark blue like Yamaha blue.

View attachment 1672598

View attachment 1672599

View attachment 1672600

View attachment 1672601
That blue is addictively beautiful in real life. so nice in fact that I have a blue front fender and had the panel of the topcase sprayed blue. I like it. :p
IMG_5532.jpeg

Back