Interested in a 2022 need help

Knoxicity

Registered
I am a new member here looking to gather info on the passenger comfort of a 22 busa.
I am coming from a 2020 triumph rocket 3r that is lousy for 2up. I’m 6’2 310 and planning to ride with passenger from time to time. I am interested in seeing a saddle bag or trunk setup if one exists especially to keep passenger on the bike. I can’t settle for sport touring bikes such as concors because of the lacking in power. Bikes I’m considering are
2021 Kawasaki h2sx
2022 Zx14r
2022 hayabusa
Feel free to give me input especially if you ride 2 up on a gen 3

All I can say is after riding passengers for 27ish years on the street, is that unless a chic is 100 lbs, they hate the back of a gsxr or similiar, but love the gen1 and 2 Busa, as the seat is bigger, and they have the grab bar.
Compare the gen3 seat to the 1 or 2, and the 3 is alot wider, and looks like it would be much more comfortable for a passenger.
I've yet to see a gen3 passenger backrest, but it wouldn't be hard to fabricate one either.
The zx14 also has a higher driver seat than any of the Busas.

welcome to the org

All I can say is after riding passengers for 27ish years on the street, is that unless a chic is 100 lbs, they hate the back of a gsxr or similiar, but love the gen1 and 2 Busa, as the seat is bigger, and they have the grab bar.
Compare the gen3 seat to the 1 or 2, and the 3 is alot wider, and looks like it would be much more comfortable for a passenger.
I've yet to see a gen3 passenger backrest, but it wouldn't be hard to fabricate one either.
The zx14 also has a higher driver seat than any of the Busas.

welcome to the org
Thanks I just hate how the zx14 is legit lacking any form of technology

Never mind all that seat talk, I'm jacking this thread! Tell us about the Rocket 3! I love that bike and I hear they are monsters to ride.

PS: Welcome. Busas are great passenger bikes I'm told. You'll have to do the bags yourself though.
I can tell you that the R3 will hang with the gsxr(or Busa)...for about the first hundred feet...then it's eating dust.
I havn't ridden it, but it's a completely different animal, not the straight line monster I was expecting.

I just Knew you wanted my input Arch

I once rode an old one and it was amazing but you really felt the weight. I hear the newer ones are even crazier but also handle.

BACK TO SEATS THOUGH!

Never mind all that seat talk, I'm jacking this thread! Tell us about the Rocket 3! I love that bike and I hear they are monsters to ride.

PS: Welcome. Busas are great passenger bikes I'm told. You'll have to do the bags yourself though.
62145857-DCC8-4F36-8632-B87EF3FE89CC.jpeg

It is a fun bike the torque is insane and it handles very nicely. Overall though it is lacking especially when you get hammered by the wind the entire time even with windscreen. Mine is fitted with every upgrade including quick shift but overall the experience is lacking

:welcome: aboard!

I had a Gen I and currently have a Gen II, my passengers find the ride comfortable (some long trips also). I'm not sure how the Gen III is, but I'm sure is about the same comfort.
I'm a Hayabusa enthusiast, so with that being said... There's only 1 clear option from your list. :D

If you make the right decision, make sure you get the fastest color also (white).

This is a great place to learn about the mighty Hayabusa, so stick around and enjoy :thumbsup:

I'm not sure if a luggage or rack is available for the Gen lll already, but theres some available for Gen ll, I'm sure they will be available later for the Gen lll. I have a backrest with armrests on mine and my passengers love it.

I am a new member here looking to gather info on the passenger comfort of a 22 busa.
I am coming from a 2020 triumph rocket 3r that is lousy for 2up. I’m 6’2 310 and planning to ride with passenger from time to time. I am interested in seeing a saddle bag or trunk setup if one exists especially to keep passenger on the bike. I can’t settle for sport touring bikes such as concors because of the lacking in power. Bikes I’m considering are
2021 Kawasaki h2sx
2022 Zx14r
2022 hayabusa
Feel free to give me input especially if you ride 2 up on a gen 3

IMG_20210902_135457.jpg

IMG_20210902_135237.jpg

H2SX - pillion too high.Least enjoyable of the three when cranked over due to the height. Lots of wind roar also. Factory panniers very useful.
ZX14- biggest and flattest seat
G3 Hayabusa- the lowest therefore the easiest for pillion to get on.And off. Pillion seat slightly canted forward though but has a fanny stop.
Hayabusa has a quickshifter so a good bit less pillion lurching on a gearchange. Plus can turn engine braking off on a hayabusa helping to keep the whole plot even more stable. And hill hold control which is reasonably useful. But not if you live in Holland.

Last edited:
Gen2, Corbin pillion seat with backrest, Ventura or Givi rack, (as I have both) and lowered, slightly forward pillion pegs.
The Givi rack has grab handles too.

We've done lots of 2up touring. Some days 6-7 hours in the saddle. We stop every couple hours or so for a stretch, fuel or sight seeing.

Would love to try the new Suzuki GT as a 2up tourer.

Gen2, Corbin pillion seat with backrest, Ventura or Givi rack, (as I have both) and lowered, slightly forward pillion pegs.
The Givi rack has grab handles too.

We've done lots of 2up touring. Some days 6-7 hours in the saddle. We stop every couple hours or so for a stretch, fuel or sight seeing.

Would love to try the new Suzuki GT as a 2up tourer.
NEWS FROM CORBIN
Back rest Pillon Seat

Welcome to the org it’s all about the ride I am sure you and yours will love the ride . I’m 73 and love it .

My 0.02$

Roommate is 120 soaking wet so milage may vary, but compared to the CBR, Z400, VStar, she would rather ride pillion on the Gen3. More comfortable, power comes on smoother, and she LOVES the grab handle, said it feels more secure than all the others and she feels a lot less wind in the gen3 than any of the others so it's more comfortable. The Vstar is easier to get on and off of but she hates the ride.

Back