EICMA 2021

bigoltool

Registered
Since the EICMA show was effectively wiped out by the Pandemic last year, 2021 version is off to a pretty good start. A few of the new reveals from this years show.

New colors and electronics for the Katana, effectively all the goodies from the recently announced GSX-S1000GT
suzuki_katana_8.jpg

The Kawasaki H2SX gets all the Electronics (Adaptive Cruise, Blind Spot Warning, Forward Collision alert etc.) I was hoping the new Hayabusa was going to get.

The CBR1000 gets a very BMW-esque makeover for 2022.

MV Augusta with a few new ADV models that look tasty!

The previously announced Moto Guzzi V100 Mandello is kind of intriuing with its active Aerodynamics and Ohlins active Suspension. Kind of like the looks honestly.

New Bimota KB4. Not my cup of tea but it is a Bimota even if Kawasaki now own them.

Perhaps the coolest looking bike of the show so far... The Italjet Dragster Scooter!
FE3syTwUUAYtgAX?format=jpg&name=large.jpg

Yeah....well......new colors for the Katana, and the bike will have its comeback in germany. The nightmare of our dealers......they sold 42 Katanas all across germany, in 3 years. I dont think they are happy about the comeback.... :D
I personally like the newest Katana...it pays a good homage to the original and the power train is a tried and tested platform...upgrade it with tuning and original GSXR parts and it is a screamer.

People just don't know a good thing when they see it.

I'd ride one but it would have to be grey/silver like the original.

I personally like the newest Katana...it pays a good homage to the original and the power train is a tried and tested platform...upgrade it with tuning and original GSXR parts and it is a screamer.

People just don't know a good thing when they see it.

I'd ride one but it would have to be grey/silver like the original.
Not to put a damper on this, but if it uses the latest ECU (Ala the Gen 3 Hayabusa) it might be tougher to mod than previous generations. But I like the GXV-S 1000GT alot anyway.

Not to put a damper on this, but if it uses the latest ECU (Ala the Gen 3 Hayabusa) it might be tougher to mod than previous generations. But I like the GXV-S 1000GT alot anyway.
...I have faith these guys will crack into that ECU before too long....

Maybe a set of hard bags will become available for the Gen 3, that's sure make it a good sport tourer.

...I have faith these guys will crack into that ECU before too long....

Maybe a set of hard bags will become available for the Gen 3, that's sure make it a good sport tourer.
So wish that Suzuki would take a page out of Kawasaki's H2SX book and just make a Hayabusa GT! The adaptive cruise control for me is a game changer. Having had it in my car for a decade now, It is the one thing that I will never be bale to upgrade on my bike. Ducati, BMW, KTM and now Kawasaki are coming with it, its time for Suzuki!

So wish that Suzuki would take a page out of Kawasaki's H2SX book and just make a Hayabusa GT! The adaptive cruise control for me is a game changer. Having had it in my car for a decade now, It is the one thing that I will never be bale to upgrade on my bike. Ducati, BMW, KTM and now Kawasaki are coming with it, its time for Suzuki!
I really don't think Suzuki has it's head in the game anymore.

New Bimota KB4. Not my cup of tea but it is a Bimota even if Kawasaki now own them.

Perhaps the coolest looking bike of the show so far... The Italjet Dragster Scooter!
View attachment 1643912
Hi. They can keep the scooter I will take the girl!

Updated Ducati Panigale V4. Didn't this thing reportedly make 234hp with the Akro exhaust last time around? They are saying a measly 225hp now!
fear not ...

model years 2021
Superleggera makes 234 hp
Panagale V4 and V4S make 215.5 hp

so 225hp that is quire a hike even on Euro5 :thumbsup:

Updated Ducati Panigale V4. Didn't this thing reportedly make 234hp with the Akro exhaust last time around? They are saying a measly 225hp now!
Coworker has one with full Akropovic and cf wheels.
It made high 220's at the wheel.

Just how are Ducati making such spectacular bikes with those huge HP numbers and still pass Euro5.... someones slipping through the checks me thinks .
Reminds me of VW diesels a few years ago...
And, with stock exhaust, the V4 is Loud.
It sounds like 2 v-twin Ducatis coming before you even see it.
I've yet to ride it.
And when we've rode together, either he's riding more conservatively than I think...or else it can't pull away from the gsxr(both are piped and tuned 2018's)
But, this video seems to agree.

Back