Do you think its worthwhile to spend $500+ on a helmet?

I buy Arai
long ovals ,
Signet or
Profile models
as it is the only
helmet that fits my
pointy forehead . . .

I would buy a $100.00
inexpensive lid cause
I am cheap ,
but after a half
hour of riding
the pain would
convince me to
shell out the coin
just to stop the
excruciating
headache .

Laugh Out Loud .

cheers
ken

:banghead:

Hi. I am looking for a race helmet. Please tell me what you think of them, good or bad. 1 Shoei X 14 2 Simpson Ghost Bandit Carbon 3 AGV Pista GP RR 4 Arai Corsair RC

Hi. I am looking for a race helmet. Please tell me what you think of them, good or bad. 1 Shoei X 14 2 Simpson Ghost Bandit Carbon 3 AGV Pista GP RR 4 Arai Corsair RC

There was an article I read about helmets and how when they hit the pave a certain way, they would break up, crack and literally break chunks off. Your head is in that thing. Out of all the things we can and could cut back on, it's not he helmet. Our brains inside our heads are sooo fragile. Too hard a fall like during snow skiing, that's it, bleeding in your head, then you die before getting to the ER. Don't skimp on this piece of protection, don't! There is also a new rating that has been out , not sure how long, but test are more stringent than dot and snell, a lot different, that's the shell I'll be looking for next time I buy. I think the rating is ECE, if it passes that it's great.

Back