When did helmets get so expensive?

lol... im 250 now.... I would do it

I will too, really, no hard feelings.
I don't mind the weight difference.
You should be slower, but the punches will obviously pack alot more mass and potential damage.
We boxed alot coming up, just moved on to trying to learn more skills.
Anyone can beat anybody, on any given day, regardless of skill, speed, or power.
My Dad always told me, it doesn't matter how big and tough you are, there will always be someone bigger and tougher waiting around the corner.
I underestimate no one.
And my main concern fighting a skilled boxer in an mma match would be stamina.
That guy should have alot of gas in his tank.
Otherwise, a strictly only boxing skill, will find themselves at a disadvantage when kicks and knees start flying.

I will too, really, no hard feelings.
We boxed alot coming up, just moved on to trying to learn more skills.
Anyone can beat anybody, on any given day, regardless of skill, speed, or power.
My Dad always told me, it doesn't matter how big and tough you are, there will always be someone bigger and tougher waiting around the corner.
I underestimate no one.
And my main concern fighting a skilled boxer in an mma match would be stamina.
That guy should have alot of gas in his tank.
Otherwise, a strictly only boxing skill, will find themselves at a disadvantage when kicks and knees start flying.
we are boxing I thought... for a grand? get my ass in shape again

Yes...
was still just discussing our entire threadjack, lol

If I had a grand for it sure, or if anyone wanted to put me up.
I've never fought for money.
It's always been, "wanna spar or wanna fight?" Ok, lets go kinda thing.

If I had a grand for it sure, or if anyone wanted to put me up.
I've never fought for money.
It's always been, "wanna spar or wanna fight?" Ok, lets go kinda thing.
lol... six... how long have u been doing this? go spar with any boxer... please... one time.. in a BOXING club... a real boxing club.... in a bad neighborhood somewhere.... come back and tell me what u think...

lol... six... how long have u been doing this?

Mid-late teens, now 41.
I have a 100lb bag in my basement, as well as sparring gear, free weights and a bo-flex.
Took karate for a few years. Trained with guys that box, kick-box, tai-qwon do.
I haven't done anything serious in a dozen years, but work out enough to stay in good shape.
My knees and body hurt and my cardio could use work, so giving and taking beatings is no longer high on the list, but still fun on the right day.

Last edited:
lol... six... how long have u been doing this? go spar with any boxer... please... one time.. in a BOXING club... a real boxing club.... in a bad neighborhood somewhere.... come back and tell me what u think...

I'll probably think, man those guys hit like a truck. I'm glad I don't like just standing and trading punches.
And seriously, I'de probably instinctively kick or knee him in the head without remembering it's hands only.
Which would likely get me jumped and beat down by the whole club.
No thanks, they can come over to mma, where we punch and then some.

Late teens, now 41.
I have a 100lb bag in my basement, as well as sparring gear, free weights and a bo-flex.
Took karate for a few years. Trained with guys that boc, kick-box, tai-qwon do.
I haven't done anything serious in a dozen years, but work out enough to stay in good shape.
My knees and body hurt and my cardio could use work, so giving and taking beatings is no longer high on the list, but still fun on the right day.
go to a boxing club just one time.... please... and don't pick out a pro.... see if u can just survive..... its nothing like it looks like from the outside...

Back on topic if that’s possible...my Scorpion weighs 3.8 pounds and is Snell and DOT rated. Costs less than $300.

Let me get this straight?
You, want me...to stop arguing with Ali?
Oh, alright.
Back to helmets Ali.
Go start you boxing thread so we can fuss over there. lol

Let me get this straight?
You, want me...to stop arguing with Ali?
Oh, alright.
Back to helmets Ali.
Go start you boxing thread so we can fuss over there. lol
I say this cause in a boxing club.... a real boxing club... these guys... most of them are competitive as amateurs.... or are active pros... allll developing talent.... at gleason Paulie Maliginaggi had an argument with a local business owner over ring time for sparring.. And Paulie was a world champion at the time IN training camp...… world champions down to b-level amateurs.

Hints are just not his forte Six.:confused:
who cares.... it keeps the posts up.... nobody is offended.... and the more traffic.. the better for our site... and u cbx have taken a dump on a few of my threads.... u really hurt my feelings a few times.:beerchug:

Last edited:
For those who want a carbon fiber helmet because it looks cool and carbon fiber is lightweight, some of the carbon helmets on the market barely weigh less than my non carbon fiber AGV. Most actually weigh more, although we are talking ounces not pounds.

@Fredyp33

What features do you want in your helmet? Carbon construction? Modular? Internal sun visor?

Are you dead set on a SNELL certified helmet or does DOT/ECE meet your standards?

Back