When did helmets get so expensive?

go to a boxing club just one time.... please... and don't pick out a pro.... see if u can just survive..... its nothing like it looks like from the outside...

I've actually been to one before, years ago.
Landed some good shots, and took that many more.
Boxing to me is a great skill, just no good by itself.

because everyone usually takes a beating their first time... no give and take.

I have taken Many a beating, and learned just as much, if not more, than when I've had the upper hand.
No pride or shame in my game.

Sold my 2006 a few years ago. Bought it in 07 with 500 miles on it. Had a scorpion helmet which fit great, accessories for it were reasonably priced (mirror shield and chin wind blocker) and I felt safe in it. It was definitely heavier than my buddy’s Shoei.

I’m getting a ‘19 when they come out and am just starting to price new helmets. Always wanted a Shoei but dang those things are a lot more expensive than I remember. I’m looking for a lighter helmet with good venting and not too much wind noise.

Any recommendations? Was hoping to be around the $350 range but will spend more if needed to get a good all-around helmet.

Oh and would like descent graphics. Wouldn’t want a straight black helmet. Ive seen one or two clearance Shoei’s around $350 but want to see what else everyone would recommend.

If you are considering an Arai. Stop by a shop and try them on.

Arai offers different shell shapes to accommodate for all heads.

With Arai, buy the correct shell shape that fits your noggin best.

Don't get caught up in the I want rhe Corsair X but my head fits a Signet X best for example.

Oh, hit me up if you need an Arai.
I've got some left that I am selling that maybe within your budget.

@Fredyp33

What features do you want in your helmet? Carbon construction? Modular? Internal sun visor?

Are you dead set on a SNELL certified helmet or does DOT/ECE meet your standards?

Snell would be preferred; but of course DOT/ECE would be a minimum. And I wouldn't use a modular, be too afraid the bottom portion would rip off in a crash. An internal sun visor wouldn't be necessary. I just want a nice helmet for a respectable price that I can add a mirror visor and in the winter I'd want to add a chin wind guard. It would need good venting as it gets a little hot in the NC summers.

Snell would be preferred; but of course DOT/ECE would be a minimum. And I wouldn't use a modular, be too afraid the bottom portion would rip off in a crash. An internal sun visor wouldn't be necessary. I just want a nice helmet for a respectable price that I can add a mirror visor and in the winter I'd want to add a chin wind guard. It would need good venting as it gets a little hot in the NC summers.

1. AGV K3 SV - DOT/ECE certified. Available in a large array of sizes and graphics. Has chin guard for wind. Starts at $200.

2. Icon Airflite / Alliance models. Both are comparable in specs. Starts in the $200 to $250 range.

3. Bell Qualifier. DOT/ECE certs. $250. Has built in provisions for two different bluetooth brands. Will accept all. Light weight with a good warranty.

That's just to name a few that meet your standards. Check out www.cyclegear.com for a full selection. Then go by one of their stores and test fit a handful of them to find one that suits you.

1. AGV K3 SV - DOT/ECE certified. Available in a large array of sizes and graphics. Has chin guard for wind. Starts at $200.

2. Icon Airflite / Alliance models. Both are comparable in specs. Starts in the $200 to $250 range.

3. Bell Qualifier. DOT/ECE certs. $250. Has built in provisions for two different bluetooth brands. Will accept all. Light weight with a good warranty.

That's just to name a few that meet your standards. Check out www.cyclegear.com for a full selection. Then go by one of their stores and test fit a handful of them to find one that suits you.

I have the icon airflite, holds up really well past 160-180. IT does have a lot of air noises though. I was hoping to get a sena and drown it out.

Back