What security do you use.

newman

Registered
What security do you use on your bike when you go out. I just wondered because I think I'm over doing it. I've got a Data Tool S4-C1 red alarm and immobilizer and a Oxford Omega disc lock and Alpha Dot (which is more of a visual deterrent really) but I've also got a Oxford Monster chain and padlock which I use in the garage around my back wheel, now I've been taking the chain and padlock with me and it's a right pain because it only just fits under the seat. I think I do this because I've had a bike stolen before my GS 750, it was less than two year old. So I just wondered what everybody else uses. Although I think I'll leave the chain and padlock at home and get another disc lock for the back wheel.:laugh:. I know the Busa is insured but if it did get nicked my insurance would go up so much. Oh it's a Gen II.

dont worry about "over doin it". if you can make a punk thief pass up on your bike because its too much of a hassle for him, then your theft deterrents did their job.

The only security system I have is at home. And it's TWO slightly HUNGRY Dobermans :rofl:

dont worry about "over doin it". if you can make a punk thief pass up on your bike because its too much of a hassle for him, then your theft deterrents did their job.

AMEN! BTW, I use disc locks for both front and rear and hope that thieves will skip my bike because the locks may slow them down. My "deceased" 08 also had Lo-Jack, on the fence about getting one for the 09 I have now.

However, I am also fully aware that even with these locks, my bike can be very easily hoisted on to the back of a pick up truck in a minute or less.

Do people actually steal Hayabusas? Only place I know of is on the craiglist classifieds. Prices are so down on used bikes making them "a steal."

Here's my deterrent. :laugh:

Rockethed using Tapatalk

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1305734962.110632.jpg

The only security system I have is at home. And it's TWO slightly HUNGRY Dobermans :rofl:

Amen. A 90 lb shepherd at home that doesn't like anything that moves coming on to her property is enough deterrent to keep people from trying to lift my baby. On the other hand, it gets interesting when I bring one of the chicas over...

What security do you use on your bike when you go out. I just wondered because I think I'm over doing it. I've got a Data Tool S4-C1 red alarm and immobilizer and a Oxford Omega disc lock and Alpha Dot (which is more of a visual deterrent really) but I've also got a Oxford Monster chain and padlock which I use in the garage around my back wheel

I have a very similar setup, and I'd rather have too much than too little. Disc lock for back wheel, steel cable for front secured to something (sign post etc) and alarm with proximity sensor. The hope is that the proximity sensor goes off in the time it takes someone to cut the cable. No system is perfect but "too much" is sort of a useless debate until your bike gets taken. Too much to me would probably be a sidecar with a doberman in it :thumbsup:

Just the scorpio system...

Honestly, if they want your bike bad enough, its already gone.... No chains, locks, etc. that you come up with are going to stop a comitted thief...

Use enough security to make yourself feel comfortable, and have insurance...

Truth be told... if my bike was ever stolen... chances are i DONT want to see it again..

i would rather start from scratch, who knows what they would do to it while its gone...

Same system I use, but one seems to work for me.:laugh::thumbsup:

If I'm out riding, I ALWAYS park where I can SEE my busa. If I'm at a motel, the busa is in the trailer, or in my room with me if I'm riding.

busa maint 023.jpg

Bikes are always in the garage. When I'm out riding I try to park so I can see it. Road trips, it's in an enclosed trailer with back of trailer facing a wall or large object. Oh, almost forget...snub nose .357mag...

I ride my busa from my house, back to my house. I dont leave it out.

You can have all the locks and alarms on it, but it only takes 30-45 seconds for two big dudes to pick up the bike and put it in a van.

Back