Home Land Security.....

ROADTOAD1340

Donating Member
Registered
Bought a new padlock recently for locking the bike up outside if I ever choose , or for the gate etc . It is a Squire padlock SS80 , Cen 6 EU rating , which is highest rating , weighs 2.2kg (I think ) and has 16 ton pull on shackle . The shackle is 16mm Boron steel and is crop proof , but not disc cutter proof .... I can use with 16mm chain pictured , or 19mm or even 22mm chain , but only have lengths of 16mm and 19mm . The other padlock (silver) is the Finland Abloy 15mm Boron shackle , also Cen 6 rated , the only padlock (protec keyed ) in the world to never been picked . This is a home set up , and is massive weight to carry , but with a ground anchor or two , and a long reach chain , you can have at least a bit of deterrent . I personally very lucky , and in a very good position , I have surrounding neighbors who know me and dogboy well , and will alert the necessary folks to any disturbance . Pays in many ways to get along with your local people . Some of you people are lucky enough to have Smith and Wesson etc. as an extra deterrent , but down under it is solely down to your own measures of security such as alarms , surveillance and fixtures , and personal self defence . Put the L2 key in picture for size reference . Not the best set up for everyone , but might be of interest .:thumbsup:

DSCF1391.JPG

Back