security??

tommyB

Registered
What is the best security to get on a bike? I was thinking a krptonite chain with a NY disc lock . . . . but thats just me.

well....if yer feeling insecure....hee hee hee .

ok....here we go...where do you want to leave it?

If you want to leave it over night in south central LA,I would suggest armed guards . If you want to leave it overnight in downtown Beaver Falls , Kansas , it'll probably be ok with just the steering locked .

If they really want it , its gone . Realize that . In the UK bike theft is apparantly huge . You have too set a giant chunk of steel in concrete , an' chain to that , and thats just in yer own back yard .

If they are pro scum bag theives they are not interested in RIDING it away . I've seen video where 4 large fellows walk up to a bike with disc locks and a chain between both wheels . They slipped 2x4's thru the wheels an' with one guy on each side , had the thing in the van in about 12 seconds .
I would say , if you want it to be there in the morning , leave it in yer living room . Which means dont take it to the bar on Friday nite and park it in the alley till 4 am etc etc.
When I go on trips, I take it in my motel room.

But, back to yer question . First thing I would have is an' alarm . Mine goes to 125 db. I think a 747 taking off is about a 140 db. Next, sure , make it hard to roll . Disc locks can be hard on yer ride if you forget them thou, so leave yerself a reminder . Chain the bastid to an' imoveable object .

Unfortunately, do to the society we live in , it can end up seeming more like yer bike owns you,rather than you own it . Sad , but true .

my rule #1....try not to leave it anywhere nasty if possible.
Have a good 1.....RSD.

What is the best security to get on a bike?  I was thinking a krptonite chain with a NY disc lock . . . . but thats just me.
Just watch the disk lock. I have heard of a lot of guys that have forgotten them and tried to drive off. The lock wreaks havoc on the fender. If you use one attach a lanyard or something to the lock and around your grip. That way you have to move it before you can ride.

That is why you buy the disc lock with the alarm in it. If the bike starts to roll with the lock on the alarm sounds.

Needing security sucks!  My last bike ('91 Kat w/ custom everything!) was stolen from right out in front of my house.  I live on a dead end streeet and one of my students watched it get ridden away!  It was raped and recovered.  I got half an engine and a frame back.  

Chain a large dog to the bike and keep a gun nearby!

Ride Safe!  :super:

ABUS Chain and padlock............If your looking for a chain (None better)!
The guys are right use a little common sense when you park/store your bike. There is nothing that will protect your bike 100% short of standing guard over it......

I park it where I can see it...The ASP Batton and PepperSpray will help explain my displeasure in any attempted tampering/theft.

Full Coverage an arming switch remote detonator and 1/2 pound of C4 under the seat

when someone takes off on the busa .......press the button and the bad guy gets what he deserves explosion between the legs as his body get blown several different ways the bike gets blown up and full coverage covers getting a new one !!!

or could go with second choice a bike alarm ....not as cool though :super:

You mount a remote controlled spring loaded blade under the seat and leave a note on the bike saying that all unauthorized riders get a free prostate exam. :D

Keep it out of sight, if not garaged with your dog, covered in the back yard...just watch the mud on the tires (spelled low side, done that :sad: )[/B]

I always try to keep it where the dog can see either it or the door it has to come out of.

If your on the road...keep it covered...theifs are much less likely to waste time on an unknown....most of them are tempted to steel it because they see it and recognize what it is, hard to do with a cover

Geez. I am glad I live where it is relatively safe. But theft can happen anywhere. I always keep an eye on mine, always leave it covered and locked when at the apartment, and never leave it where I cannot see it when I am out. Ironically I had my cover stolen from my bike but never my bike (knock on wood).

I am kind of afraid of locking it up too much for fear of someone knocking it over "by accident" while trying to "look" at it or even steal it. I would rather it be gone for good and get a new one (that's what insurrance is for) than see it knocked over have to repair it. I bought a perfect bike and I want it that way, not a repaired bike. But like it has been said, if there are pros involved, they will get your bike if they want it. Just keep paying that full coverage insurrance.

First buy a cheap .22 from some guy in a place you will never go again File the serial numbers off. Mount it under the seat pointed upwards with a small string around the trigger. Next run the string down to a small metal plate heavy enough to yank the trigger on the gun and place it on the ground. If the guy picks it up it will probably miss him but it should scare him from taking it. If the guy gets on it to ride it and rolls it the gun will go off giving him an extra hole. After you find the guy shoot yourself in the foot with the non serial number gun and Use your legal .22 to shoot him over and over torturing him to death

you mean we can't trust society any more??

A good gun, a big dog, keep it locked and hidden. Try to not take the same way home every day so people are less likely to follow you to see where you live. Don't make it easy, most thieves are lazy and if they have to actaully work for the bike they will just find another one. Good insurance helps as well

First buy a cheap .22 from some guy in a place you will never go again File the serial numbers off. Mount it under the seat pointed upwards with a small string around the trigger. Next run the string down to a small metal plate heavy enough to yank the trigger on the gun and place it on the ground. If the guy picks it up it will probably miss him but it should scare him from taking it. If the guy gets on it to ride it and rolls it the gun will go off giving him an extra hole. After you find the guy shoot yourself in the foot with the non serial number gun and Use your legal .22 to shoot him over and over torturing him to death
Not that I'm thinking of doing this (well, maybe fantisizing...) but you should mount the legal 22 under the seat, this way the thief will have the same balistic records on all of the bullets.  Make sure when you shoot yourself in the foot that it is at an angle the might have come from the thief shooting at you.  Take the time to put the illegal 22 in the thief's hand and fire off a round so they have the appropriate powder burns.  Be sure your legal 22 has a really short barrel on it so you can explain to the police how difficult it is to aim and thats why there are 28 slugs in the thief starting at his ankles and working slowly up his torso.
Not that I'm thinking of doing this...

Boy do I hate thieves!
:devil:  :devil:  :devil:

I have a garage where I leave it at every night. Gate locked and bike's alarm is ON. I think I can hear the alarm from my house. Never tried it though. Tomorrow I will.
I also have a disc lock. My front fender is broken. Next one I will buy, will have an alarm too.

I have a garage where I leave it at every night. Gate locked and bike's alarm is ON. I think I can hear the alarm from my house. Never tried it though. Tomorrow I will.
I also have a disc lock. My front fender is broken. Next one I will buy, will have an alarm too.
Strange...my man....no worries....next time just ask Unca rub about such things...me or my brutha-in-law Monsta, or my cousin Revlis or one of the other perverts on the board.

disc lock is fine , with a lil' note attached to yer ignition key : Chec Disc Lock .

sorry 'bout yer plastic Bro....

hav a good 1.....RSD.

duuuh... why don't these thieves just get a job?!?!?
it would be much better to all of us (jeeeezz, i brought my busa today to work and it's parked outside... guess i'm going to look at the window just to take a look) ;)

duuuh... why don't these thieves just get a job?!?!?
it would be much better to all of us (jeeeezz, i brought my busa today to work and it's parked outside... guess i'm going to look at the window just to take a look) ;)
well LAGARTO , it should be easy to find if they do steal it.
There's only 2 busa's in portugal....and stranger owns the other .
no worries....go back to work....

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Back