The cost of biking

There are some up front costs with the gear but that is no place to cut corners so you are doing that right. I curse insurance companies every year. Good luck with the home sale enjoy the bike when you get it!

Yea man, tell them to sod off! They're either jealous or just concerned for you. I bet one or two of them end up with one too!!

applies to bikes as well! Welcome.

Long-term_the_car_is_cheaper1.jpg

I'll tell you what one thing I didn't think about when I decided to get a new bike is all the additional costs. Ok new busa £9095/$13900, then of course insurance £525/$800, Right I thought Security, Alarm £390/$595 Oh I'll get a chain and padlock as well £75/$115 Ah and a disc lock £38/$58 and alpha dot £20/$30 (I had my gs750 stolen after 1 year don,t want to go through that again) Crash protectors £241/$367 hemets x 2 £240/$366 (me and my girlfriend) I'll get some ride on £25/$38 riding gear £320/$488 (only getting kevlar jeans,textile jacket at the moment plus boot and gloves, I'll get some leathers when I slim down a bit) delivery £99/$151 and a sat nav only because they show where speed cameras are £310/$473.

Releasing the Kraken......PRICELESS!

Last edited:
:welcome: The money you spend is more than worth it. I wish I would have stepped up years ago and bought mine. You will have no regrets:thumbsup:

No I did not mean lt like a bad thing it's just I sort of did not think about the essentials that I needed it was like I saw the busa and I thought I want one of those and did not think. ta Dave.

Back