Securing a bike at home

its sad to think that some riders have to worry about this. I am thankful I lay my head to rest each night not worrying about suzi being stolen

You decide how much is needed to sleep safe.

My garage has:

Camera inside routed to a web address with password entry. Automatically sends 30 seconds of images from before and after a motion detection to my email; which pushes to my phone.

Additional locks on both garage door rails. Asec Garage Door Bolts

Power switch in residence for all power in garage (garage door opener and power cutting tools wont work without access to residence).

Emergency release on garage door, tack welded.

Deadbolts on door to residence(Key on both side).

Alarm on both garage door and main door.

Ground Anchors. Bikes are always locked down. I have this for my bike Y anchor - the Ultimate Motorcycle Security Ground Anchor
I have a couple surface mount anchors for visitors.

Sign inside stating. Smile you're on camera with arrow pointing to camera one of the cams. Interesting how when someone walks in garage they always look right at camera that way.

My favorite are my torso/head silhouette rifle targets from the range on my wall. Labelled from 100yds, 300yds, 700yds, 1000yds. Along with a few various rounds on the gunsmith bench with a couple Barret 50 cals sitting on end. :laugh:

There's a few other tricks, but I'm not giving away all my secrets. :whistle:

Could my baby still vanish? Yes
But, I sleep well at night now.

Damn.. I was going to break in to Ft Knox just because of the challenge, but I see that's child's play.. I guess you've raised the bar.. I'll be over:poke: :laugh: (just kiddin.. not breaking in to nothing.. I hate a thief) But here I was sleeping good because mine is parked in my living room. Maybe I should consult you for a new in home security system.. :p

Doing a bit more research this appears to be the strongest option to secure a bike to a stationary object:

Almax 19mm chain (it weighs about 50 lbs... cannot be cut with bolt cutters)

Almax Immobiliser Series IV Uber + Squire SS65CS Lock --- Almax Security Chains Ltd

With an Abloy PL 362 padlock:

https://securitysnobs.com/Abloy-Protec-PL-362-Shrouded-Hardened-Steel-Padlock.html

This chain/lock combo would be about $550 - $600 after shipping.

Right now I'm using a ****ty onguard cable lock I bought a long time ago. Better than nothing I guess.

You decide how much is needed to sleep safe.

My garage has:

Camera inside routed to a web address with password entry. Automatically sends 30 seconds of images from before and after a motion detection to my email; which pushes to my phone.

Additional locks on both garage door rails. Asec Garage Door Bolts

Power switch in residence for all power in garage (garage door opener and power cutting tools wont work without access to residence).

Emergency release on garage door, tack welded.

Deadbolts on door to residence(Key on both side).

Alarm on both garage door and main door.

Ground Anchors. Bikes are always locked down. I have this for my bike Y anchor - the Ultimate Motorcycle Security Ground Anchor
I have a couple surface mount anchors for visitors.

Sign inside stating. Smile you're on camera with arrow pointing to camera one of the cams. Interesting how when someone walks in garage they always look right at camera that way.

My favorite are my torso/head silhouette rifle targets from the range on my wall. Labelled from 100yds, 300yds, 700yds, 1000yds. Along with a few various rounds on the gunsmith bench with a couple Barret 50 cals sitting on end. :laugh:

There's a few other tricks, but I'm not giving away all my secrets. :whistle:

Could my baby still vanish? Yes
But, I sleep well at night now.

WOW!

Paranoia don't just barge in. It sneaks in a little at a time until it consumes the mind! :shocked:

O well. if somebody steals one of my busas i have 3 more. plus suzuki makes them all day long, i can get another

Back