Did you ever run from the popo?

I did some time ago in Georgia, since I was doing well into the triple digits when I noticed a patrol unit light it up. So I just dropped to 4th and hit the limiter, shifted and pinned it. Soon, I passed a trooper that lit me up and gave chase, but couldn't catch up at my speed. He was driving the Crown Victoria so only was capable of 134... Further up the road was a white Z28 with black tint and he came after me but I had my turbo on full boost since I had been at the strip the previous day... I was running low on fuel by then but figured I ought to just make the state line into South Carolina. I was on my way home to Northern Virginia since I was visiting a friend there. I noticed a cluster of flashing lights up ahead and figured roadblock but weighed my unfavorable past into the equation and figured my time was up. I was approaching at nearly 200mph when I hit the roadblack and exploded in a ball of fire... I stood on the pegs to clear the impact and did a superman into Rosco and Boss Hogg killing them both on impact.
I woke up in a cold sweat and enjoyed the fantasy...
Boss Hog and Rosco P. Coltrane...
I knew it, you are one sick Puppy...

David

no, i got a few things worth living for. i'm not a fan of most "cops" due to there "above the law" attitude, but i wouldn't put there lives in danger because of my stupidity.
rock.gif

I did some time ago in Georgia, since I was doing well into the triple digits when I noticed a patrol unit light it up. So I just dropped to 4th and hit the limiter, shifted and pinned it. Soon, I passed a trooper that lit me up and gave chase, but couldn't catch up at my speed. He was driving the Crown Victoria so only was capable of 134... Further up the road was a white Z28 with black tint and he came after me but I had my turbo on full boost since I had been at the strip the previous day... I was running low on fuel by then but figured I ought to just make the state line into South Carolina. I was on my way home to Northern Virginia since I was visiting a friend there. I noticed a cluster of flashing lights up ahead and figured roadblock but weighed my unfavorable past into the equation and figured my time was up. I was approaching at nearly 200mph when I hit the roadblack and exploded in a ball of fire... I stood on the pegs to clear the impact and did a superman into Rosco and Boss Hogg killing them both on impact.
I woke up in a cold sweat and enjoyed the fantasy...
Oh my gosh!! You had me going!!!

ices_rofl.gif

Yes its a stupid thing to do and its also idiotic.However this post isnt about all that.My question is have YOU ever done it or not? Also what made you do it??? Be honest now folks
just recently............riding 1/2 hr before sundown and cruising at 160ish. I saw the popo out the corner of my eye, and said "F**C"........lights came on right away, looked at my speedo, and back into my mirror, and the lights went back out......must've said "screw that". I was soooo scared, when I finally looked back down at the speedoi, it showed 180

Actually around here it is a regular thing. I once decided not to stop for a roadside toll collector uhm I mean cop... Same for the next pair, they decided to follow me, I thought I had'm licked when I made a right onto the highway heading for the coast, but I was thirsty and decided to stop at a mountainside cafe to get some water. Well not five minutes later they showed up lights and sirens and started poking around my bike before approaching me since "I just could not understand" what they were saying when they told me to come to them. Problem is that I don't speak Serbian around cops because they think I am local and usually want to strongarm me... It was a funny experience and I am sure very entertaining for the 12 Czek tourists in the parking area.

A buddy of mine (decided to be stupid) got pulled over for racing his CBR600 last week. The cop pulled him over and told him to wait while he went and got the other guy.

My buddy thought it was a perfect time to go do something else and left. Only to come home to a note on the door left by the officer instructing him to call.

Turns out that he had run a search on Honda CBR's in his town and he was the only result. He has a court appearance later this month, and he's being charged with failure to comply, and speeding going 83 in a 45.

Lucky for him the cop is gonna cut him a deal because he called him back. Apparently the other rider acted like a #### and the cop wants him to go down. He's willing to talk to the DA's office to get the charges dropped against him if he testifies against the other rider.

Moral of this story ... Don't race in your own town ... Just kidding kids, Be cool, and stay in school.
biggrin.gif

I've ran twice... in the cage both times...

Once in town and I only did it because I saw him stuck trying to get into traffic to get me. I knew I could get a few blocks up and out of sight and make a few quick turns.

Once on the highway. He was oncoming when I saw him and he hit the lights. I went from 80-150 as fast as my WS6 could go and got off on the first exit. Did a few more quick turns and hid. Watched him go by on the highway about 10-15 seconds after I hid.

Stupid, but at the time it seemed like a good thing to do.

That said, I'd never run on the bike (or in the cage any more since I've grown up a bit since then). Too much chance that adrenaline is gonna make you or the cop do something stupid and end the chase with catastrophic results.

Never ran from the cops and never will, but if i flew by a cop at a high rate of speed and he did not put his lights on I'm not going to stop and wait to see if he is going to come after me and on that note I will not tuck and take off either. I've been pulled over from cops and I was in the high triple digits, was asked why did i stop I told them the following: It's okay for me to put my life in danger but to have you chase me and you loose control and wreck, I loose control and hit some one else is something that I do not want to deal with. So that is why i stop. Thus far and knock on wood I have not recieved a ticket.

I admit I also ran from the popo but this was 11 years ago while I was living in Baltimore/D.C. area.. I was at a stoplight on New York ave doing a burnout...smoke just billowing from the tire and a D.C. Metro cop just happen to be travelling in opposite direction.. Well he flipped on his lights and tried to negotiate a U-turn but couldnt as a car was blocking him.... so I took the advantage of opening up my bike (91 Katana 1100) needless to say I was damn near to the Convention Center by the time he could see my tail light..
cool.gif

he tried his best to catch me, however it was futile
smile.gif

Nowadays I just pull over and take the ticket... because life is more precious
biggrin.gif

Well, there was that one time in college......  but I had been drinking...

j/k
laugh.gif

<!--EDIT|PDBusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1157163391 -->

last night i didnt run because there were 4 cops holding me at gunpoint and they swarmed me for doing a fukkin wheelie. ghey.

If they turn the lights on, I stop. Every single time. If they can't manage to get turned around and turn the lights on before I can disappear.....well.....sorry! If they don't turn on the lights, I am under no legal obligation to slow down and stop, now am I?
smile.gif
\

I used to run from the local police on my friends dirtbikes all the time in highschool, but they never caught us. Probably just as fun for them as ti was for us.

I'm all black on the street... 06 blk/gry, blk helmet, and generally ride with black cloththing....

This thread got me thinking because tonight/dusk when I went out riding I didn't even speed... and that's unusual for me. But I did snag outright "I want that guy on that bike" looks from a few girls in their cars. One came from a blonde in a green Mustang who was just staring as I went by. Another came from 2 girls in some beat up clunker who made it very obvious they were looking my way... as I passed them. But I can never tell how old people are sometimes and didn't try anything. Those girls could have been high schoolers as far as I could tell! And I don't get down with underage girls!!!! That's a no-no!!!

ahhhhh, those girls (who probably WERE 16) were just lookn at yo' bike because it was goin so S-L-O-W! I never have time to check if people have any reaction to my bike-I cant even see kids faces when I blow through the cross-walks near the daycare at 120mph...they all kinda blend together-except for boobies! they will ALWAYS stand out in a crowd and say "hey! look at ME! Im perky and wish you'd get off that bike and come squeeze me!"...well, thats what the voice in my head says they say....
tounge.gif

not young jail-bait boobies, like Panda likes tho(to be clear); I like grown-up big swing'em-at-my-head boobies.

Back