Running from the police.

I am TOO OLD and FAT to Run. I would rather just get pulled over and take the Hit. Think about it...................One Bad Move at 140+ Your DEAD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Most of the time if You pull over right away and show some sort of Remorse the Cop will give you a Break. I just DON'T want to responsible for the Death of an Innocent Person :rulez:

In my younger stupider day's I have. Not anymore though. Although a few years back I got clocked about 20 miles away from the NM border and saw the spin around in my mirrors. I didn't run (never saw him again lol), but I didn't slow down either; just maintained speed to the border :)

nope would never run, might not notice, but wouldn't accelerate to evade. i TRY not to speed. i do my best to be a model rider when im in public around other vehicles.:whistle: on the other hand, when i know the road is mine, i have been known to go a little fast.

do the speed limit or try for a land speed record. for me there isn't much in between.:laugh:

i tried to ignore scott, but i cant.:poke: Really? for your 2nd post. okey dohkey:banana:

Last edited:
Not a good idea to run, but if you are already rolling and you pass a cop stay on it and pretend you didn't see them. :whistle: Then if they catch up to you pull over and cooperate!:rofl: JK don't run!

I'm figuring your an LEO and your recommending we run ?

Yup, cause usually you can get away. Unless you hit traffic, get bumped and killed. But that doesn't happen very often. So, in the risk department, its no greater risk than riding in traffic. Never hurts to try running........

I run....if its more than a speeding ticket - - - wheelies, super fast, burnout etc. The law here in Ontario for 50kmh over the posted is 1 week impound, minimum $2000 max $10,000 and possible jail time. I ain't stoppin for that!!! Your not taking my bike mofo....!!!! The cops have total control in that situation - judge, jury and hangman. It's just not right.

I ran twice last year -- once they had me on a closed road. They had three cruisers coming in the other end. One of them swerved into me and tried to run me off the road. Luckily for me there was a gas station there which I deecked into and avoided him trying to kill me at a buck twenty.

Maybe I'm over confident in my own driving abilities. I don't know, but I'm not stopping and having some 20 year old punk with a gun ruin my life.

I'd rather crash.

Got 3 different stories.....1. Clocked 155 on the interstate but never saw him and he came up miles later when I was cruising and pulled me over.....got off with a warning by the grace of god.....2. Clocked 140 in a 50 zone, have a clean record and it was within a mile of my residence so she let me walk with a warning.... Not a mere two weeks later I was behind a big line of cars on a hwy....whipped out and got up to 130mph....freaking state patrol with no light bar was the second car from the front. I just remember yelling like a girl and saying unholy words and just kept on up shifting..... Very lucky cause my friend was behind me and said he tried to whip out but on coming traffic stopped him for a couple seconds.... By then I was long gone. As far as running I don't advise or plan to do it..... Just depends on how I'm feeling when I make that split second decision

never have, but might start given the results ive had by being honest and pulling over.

first- memorial day after riding a few hundred miles with one other bike we end the day in a wooded curvy area with little traffic. 30mph zone and theres a lady in a car going just under that. we get a passing zone, signal, accelerate, pass, signal right, and continue on our way into a waiting police car with radar unit. had i taken off right then, he would have had zero chance of catching up to me. his partner, *possibly* but i doubt it. he even told me how many cars were covering the area. 5. and its most likely bigger than rhode island, and that covers interstate too. anyway, tries telling me it was a no passing zone, i was polite and corrected him, so he gave us speeding tickets instead. lawyered up, and he couldnt even be bothered to show up for court. case dropped.

late last year on one of the last days on the street, were ****ing around on a four to five mile stretch of wooded forest preserve road, at night, no cars in sight period. so my friend lays out a big burnout for no reason, we **** around and race to like 100 or so, slow down, slap hands and laugh, and did it again. finally get to a traffic light, cop cuts us off and tells us to shut down the bikes. we move to a lot, he tells us he rides to pull over and that hes impounding our bikes and taking us to county. ends up giving us 80 in a 55, we lawyer up and he doesnt even say a word in court. just revenue enhancement. if he hadnt been following us in the dark with no lights on whatsoever, we wouldnt have been ****ing around, so i feel its sort of entrapment. whenever theres another person/vehicle around i ride very cautiously and courteously. again, he wouldnt have stood a chance. i would have gotten out of site quickly with plenty of escape options.

however, if i were to get caught on a top speed run (i generally only do 1 or 2 a season) i would probably just stay in it and hope for the best. 200mph maybe be impressive on the interwebz....judges disagree :(

Just ain't worth it. Way too much to lose versus a speeding ticket. Besides if you show proper respect for the officer that caught you more often than not they will return it and either go easy on you or let you off with a warning. Stop, wait for them and speak to them respectfully and truthfully. It goes a long way. They deal with enough ****heads day in and day out that if you act respectfully, don't run or try and BS them they often return the favor.

It beats ending up a greasy stain on the asphalt either way.

I just pulled over and kicked on my hazards. Cop walked up and smiled saying, "Well, I'll be! My bike doesn't have hazards! and laughed. Ticket went from being 96 in a 45 to 56 in a 45!

Last time I ran from the Police, I was wearing a long dress, high heels, sporting a huge wig, and a heavy purse – they still do not catch me, but I was out of breath for the first 10 yards. :laugh:

Booba

The last time I ran was almost 20 years ago. The bike wasn't registered and the cop was checking inspection stickers. I made believe I didn't see him but then he jumped in his car and the lights came on.

I had an older 1K. I was on some winding roads with a few quick turn offs and never saw him again. I pulled into the parking lot where I worked at that time parked behind the building and stuffed the bike into the shrubs.

Later that day another worker came to me and told me the cops were looking for me. Turned out that other worker was just messing with me but I was freaking out.

I'm pretty sure I wouldn't do it again, my bikes are always registered now.

Back