Running from the police.

SCBQQSTN

Registered
Has anyone here ever done it? Yes, we all know it is the most stupid choice to make. However if you are clocked going double, or even triple the speed limit, risk getting your license removed, jail time, huge fines, court, etc... adrenaline might take over and one will run.

We all have seen videos of bikers run from cops on youtube or tv, but imagine the hundreds if not thousands of videos that are not released because the suspect got away.

Best thing is too stop !!!
Here in Florida you cannot outrun the radio or Helo !
They will get you.
No matter how guilty, respect will be earned by heeding once seen and bluelighted.
I have been stopped at 110 on I95 and first thing guy said was...Thanks for stopping.
After that he wrote me a minimum ticket for 79 in a 55.
One more would have been 25 over and doubled fees.
Yes I'm crazy and do not respect posted speed limits sometimes but I always respect the men enforcing them.
To the point where I get seen I'm lawless but once busted I'll stop and take my licks.
Not running.

110 on I95 running I would have gotten caught , made cnn and not collected 200 dollars ! :laugh:

Last edited:
I have in the past in my younger dumber days, don't do it any longer. Don't really speed for that matter. I take it to the racetrack now.

Best thing is too stop !!!
Here in Florida you cannot outrun the radio or Helo !
They will get you.
No matter how guilty, respect will be earned by heeding once seen and bluelighted.
I have been stopped at 110 on I95 and first thing guy said was...Thanks for stopping.
After that he wrote me a minimum ticket for 79 in a 55.
One more would have been 25 over and doubled fees.
Yes I'm crazy and do not respect posted speed limits sometimes but I always respect the men enforcing them.
To the point where I get seen I'm lawless but once busted I'll stop and take my licks.
Not running.

110 on I95 running I would have gotten caught , made cnn and not collected 200 dollars ! :laugh:

Did you know in Florida police cannot pursue unless the person being chased has committed a known felony (Driver is a suspected murderer, committed grand theft auto, robbed a bank, etc..)

I ran for a few seconds to get out of view,........and then simply pull in somewhere,.......and hide behind anything I can find. (house, a business, etc,...) Running can get you and someone else dead!! NOT part of my plan!!:beerchug:

Did you know in Florida police cannot pursue unless the person being chased has committed a known felony (Driver is a suspected murderer, committed grand theft auto, robbed a bank, etc..)

Just curious....do you have a source for that information? I'd be interested in reading up on that. Not for running though.....

Isn't refusing to pull over "running/eluding"? I thought it was.....That's a felony.....

Nope...lost someone very close to me that did just that. He met his fate when he lost control and crashed in to a telephone pole. Full gear won't help you when you lose control like that...

It's just not even worth the risk. I'd rather pay a hefty fine over paying with my life.

I did once when I was younger. Once I seen the blue lights, Dropped a couple gears and by the time he got turned around, I was gone. Wouldn't think of doing it now.

Everytime the lights are behind me its the first thing I think about....but I have only done it once. Bad part is I wasn't speeding just playing a little weaving back and forth staying in my lane. Met 5 cars all in a row. . . .the 3rd was a cop, a saw his nose drop and the lights come on :banghead: I saw he had to wait on the last 2 and another line of 2 or 3, I dropped to 1st (only a 45 zone) and was gone....went home and didn't leave for the rest of the day. I didn't ride for about a week I knew they couldn't prove it was me but I was that scared. I have to say I would not do it again unless I knew I was already going to jail like if I was 150 +

I will always stop. Two nights ago on my way home from my parents house, I was cruising along a few notches above the posted speed.:whistle: I passed a cop in a curve and saw him hit the brakes and turn into a driveway. I topped the hill and pulled over and got my license out and waited on him. When he came up to the bike, he was smiling and I knew I was getting a ticket. First thing he said was "I told my partner by the time we got turned around you would be out of sight." I told him there was no reason for me to run, it's easier to deal with the ticket than possible death for something stupid. He took my license and went back to the car, but when he came back, he gave my license back and told me how fast I was going. 68 in a 35. He told me they had chased a guy the night before and when they finally caught him, he was drunk and they seized the bike and put him in jail. He told me to be careful and try to slow down a little, and thanked me for stopping. The road is busy during the day but hardly traveled at night so the speed limit on it is way too slow in my opinion, but either way, I am man enough to take my punishment when I do something wrong, so running is never an option for me.

Just curious....do you have a source for that information? I'd be interested in reading up on that. Not for running though.....

Isn't refusing to pull over "running/eluding"? I thought it was.....That's a felony.....

Grey area because FTY..failure to yield in the process of committing reckless driving I would think is a felony.
All in the officer.
Also very easy to say you were 'suspect' and then the chase is on.

I'm not that lucky.
Sure growing up in TN it was just a right turn into someone front yard which connected to their backyard which let out on another street and I was gone but now no thanks.

Besides my plate:

Aint hard to see from afar so even if I got away they would prolly be sitting in driveway upon my return !

I always stop. I was told by a cop once that there is a time and a place to drive like an idiot. Several years back i was playing with my new nitrous kit on my trans am. I was clocked going 103 in a 20 (I was in an empty parking lot, a former a runway.) I stopped for the cop, he came over to my car. Looked at me, my friend, my nitrous bottle hooked up in the backseat, and told me to be careful. No ticket.

I always stop. I was told by a cop once that there is a time and a place to drive like an idiot. Several years back i was playing with my new nitrous kit on my trans am. I was clocked going 103 in a 20 (I was in an empty parking lot, a former a runway.) I stopped for the cop, he came over to my car. Looked at me, my friend, my nitrous bottle hooked up in the backseat, and told me to be careful. No ticket.

In Texas (at least), the police jurisdiction does not extend to parking lots.

I absolutely HATE speed limits, but I'm not inclined to run.
Take a look at the statistics of people who "break" the speeding law (even a little). It is by far the most broken law in the US, and I wonder sometimes if there is a better way.???

chase yest. in town.

1 dead, left a 2 y.o. daughter
1 arrested, stolen bike. on local forum, big talker, supposedly lotsa $ (from grandma) claim was " fastest guy on the streets"

Florida adopts changes to Fleeing and Eluding Statute .On June 30 Gov. Jeb Bush signed into law HB 295, introduced by Florida State Rep. Pat Patterson(R).

Among other important changes, the bill increases penalties for fleeing or attempting to elude a law enforcement officer and aggravated fleeing or eluding. Fleeing or attempting to elude has been upgraded to a 3rd degree felony carrying a maximum sentence of 5 years. Aggravated Fleeing remains a 2nd degree felony with a maximum sentence of 15 years. An additional category of Aggravated Fleeing was added when serious bodily harm or death occurs as a result and is classified as a first degree felony with a maximum sentence of 30 years.

Old article but still law is in effect .
Not in Florida do you want to run !

Back