Running from the police.

I think all those stupid stories about running is what gets in people's heads when they run... cause if u think about it, when u tell a squid that you just got a ticket for doing the 70 in a 30 or something, he'd probably look at your bike and laugh at u, of course he'd say "I woulda just ran". But it's not worth your life...

Last edited:
Has anyone here ever done it? Yes, we all know it is the most stupid choice to make. However if you are clocked going double, or even triple the speed limit, risk getting your license removed, jail time, huge fines, court, etc... adrenaline might take over and one will run.

We all have seen videos of bikers run from cops on youtube or tv, but imagine the hundreds if not thousands of videos that are not released because the suspect got away.

Man from your other post, the busa is a minibike to you, you would be able to lazer beam across the town before that copper ever knew you were there. Go for it, you can do it :lol:

im not sure if u would consider this running, but me and a group past a cop on the highway in atlanta doin about 130 then just kicked it down 1 and gassed it... the cop just flicked his lights, couldnt tell if he turned them back off or not, people can say its stupid for not stopping but people also say it stupid to be driving a motorcycle, to each's own. if im doing double the limit imma take my chance

I stop.

My bike has a Toyota wireless throttle, sometimes it gets stuck and they better believe me.

I would recommend running if the cop has to turn around and you have no traffic in front of you. I have chased many bikers and if they don't stop they usually get away! Well, except for the few that another officer bumped with the patrol car and they crashed and died. OH well....bikes can be dangerous!

I would recommend running if the cop has to turn around and you have no traffic in front of you. I have chased many bikers and if they don't stop they usually get away! Well, except for the few that another officer bumped with the patrol car and they crashed and died. OH well....bikes can be dangerous!

Are you trying to be funny? It's not working.

I absolutly stop... 100% of the time, car bike or other wise...

If im breaking the law, and an officer catches me, i take it like the man, and pull over..

Honestly, in cases of pursuits, i AM all for the use of stop sticks etc on bikes...

If guy wants to play big, let him go down big... no special privlages or rights just because hes on a bike...

Could it kill him if he goes down, YUP... Do i care... NOPE...

He might kill me, my family, or my loved ones, and i care about them 100X more than i do some douche bag who thinks he can run from the law on his bike or car...

They can shoot em for all i honestly care about some stranger who decides hes gonna run...

The numbers of innocent people who die from pursuits are staggering.....

People always say, stop the pursuits and have the police pull off, i stay stop the runner, no need to pursue...

If your running, you either ARE a felon, or JUST BECAME ONE....

See how many bikes run from the police once they change rules of enforcment...

No Quarter given from me...

Last edited:

I'm figuring your an LEO and your recommending we run ?

I would NEVER run. I have a family waiting for me to come home safely. I wouldn't even think about it. Never did, never will.

I would NEVER run. I have a family waiting for me to come home safely. I wouldn't even think about it. Never did, never will.

Sleeper your a big fat liar.
they are not waiting.
THEY ARE SLEEPING.....WHILE YOUR OUT PLAYING...:poke:
:laugh:

and I'm home :hide: and :cry:

Maybe this is why cops don't get much respect, because of ones like you. And there's no Andy Griffith justice left... lookin at the situation, as opposed to putting everyone in the same box.
You oughta be banned, I'll hold my tounge from what I'de really like to say to you. Please don't respond either, we know where you stand.

all i can say is those hemi charger's are darn fast and I about pooped myself for 20+ miles...got away, cooked my brakes, cooked my chain, lost most of my fork oil...and was visited the next day by the po po...:whistle: never again.. now...I ride with officers alot of the time:thumbsup:

When a cop pulls behind you when you are doing ten or twenty over the limit is one thing. However it is a whole new story when you fly by him at 130 mph or more. When faced with the consequences of the kind of charges you would face if pulled over going double or triple the speed limit, running may actually sound like a better option. I'm not talking about going 150+ on the highway to get away, but pull into side roads as fast as possible to avoid them. I may not have stories with my bike, but once in my old vette I was doing 160 mph (wee hours of morning, not a single car for miles on the highway.) I slow down because two semis were in front of me... Before I knew it I see a cop car coming up FAST in the review. Had two options, pull over and "take my licks", or go for it. The semis parted, dropped three gears and punched. I lost the cop in ten seconds or so. It was the biggest rush of my life. Also the scariest as well. The only reason I ran was because I was not in the mood to go to jail, license revoked, thosands in fines, "get the **** out of the car and down on the ground now", oh did I mention jail time?
Posted via Mobile Device

I have been pulled over plenty and generally no ticket or less than I deserve. like 2 years ago on my zx9 doing a wheelie at 90+ down I94 and the cop gave me "failure to use due care" then last fall I was at about 100 again on I94 (but going the other way) and the cop was in the ditch I saw him but to late and his headlights went on and I pulled over then his cherries came on :p we had a little talk about speeding and he followed me home to make sure I knew how to follow the rest of the laws.. But no ticket.. :cheerleader:

Moral of the story don't run! it's not fun you'll probably get caught anyway and you might get dead.

Drive fast/Live Dangerous/Have fun! Man up when you get caught!

I think if people werent worried about being judged here they would be more honest. I dont run anymore but i have. I weighed my options for the situation and ran. A LOT! I know it wasnt the right thing to do but i felt neither was going to jail. I ride with a few cops and they are usually the first to run. They say fellow officers are harder on them during traffic stops.

Back