Did you ever run from the popo?

3 ride it like its ment to be ridden and take your chances with the police
You know. I used to think like you did. Until I started riding/racing on the track. Now when I ride street, I'm never more than 5 MPH over speed limit. It REALLY isn't worth getting in trouble or going to jail over. Yes, you can outrun the popo but how do you think you make the rest of us law abiding bikers look? not too good.

YOu wanna ride fast? do a trackday. The best adrenaline rush you'll ever pay for and you'll learn more in 1 trackday than you'll ever learn in years of riding out in the canyons.

I read that story. F#$k!!! 60 years in prison??!!! Totally not worth it. Especially since he widowed a State Troopers wife and kids. Sad story for everyone involved.
sad.gif

Nope. Ever heard that saying "You're gonna pay if you're gonna play"? Well that's just part of the "pay".
easier said than done! I take it you really dont get on the bike much ..cause id be in jail or without a licence on this bike using your motto!!!!!!!!LMFAO.
Hmmm, maybe I can control my right wrist better than you.

It just isn't worth my life to NOT get a ticket.
i dont know about your bike but mine does 85 in first gear alone!!sooo with out even trying i can and do get to about 140 in 3rd or 4th gear .and anything over 85 is reckless and requires a court visit.so since im riding a fast bike in a slow state.you 1 either dont ride it .2 ride it like a scooter,or 3 ride it like its ment to be ridden and take your chances with the police.but to just pull over if the getting is good is just giving up your license and your money lol .soo youve either never been pulled for speeding or just dont ride your bike fast.but your motto is B.S LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Whatever.

How old are you anyway?

Never have and probably never will. I'd willingly goose it and take a quick exit if the opportunity was there, but have no desire to compound the ticket and pi$$ off the officer if there isn't a quick way out.

The odd thing is that I'd probably have a really good chance of getting away if I tried. I almost always ride well-known back roads and the 'can't outrun Motorola' adage doesn't really hold true if there's no other cops in a 15 mile area. It still just isn't worth taking the chance in my book.

Maybe
wink.gif

Not a good idea. Some towns & cities have adopted that bike was paid for, its ours now policy. Even if they just get a plate I have heard they can come to your house and take your bike. Not sure how that works. But a plate can be stolen. They come to get it and I would be calling a lawyer.

I did once in the snow many years ago. Been more than a couple of decades and I was driving my Bronco (4 Wheel Drive) in a residential neighborhood with about 8 inches of fresh snow on the ground. Streets were not plowed and I pulled a U-turn that involved a couple of yards and he was coming the original direction I was headed. His car lite up and I floored it and turned off my lights. I came around the second corner and he went straight into someone's yard and got stuck. I remember shaking like a leaf afterwards. I was a stupid kid when I did it.

I think the majority of us agree that if heading in opposite directions we would all speed up to the next exit/side road to park it/hide out and lay low. At least they are not pulling you over "in the act" so you would have a leg to stand on.

But to take off after they get behind you w/ the lights/siren on is just foolish.

Nope. Though I can probably outrun a cop, I can never outrun their radio.

Besides, the price for pulling over is far less than the price of trying to run. Pulling over, I only face a citation. Trying to run, I'm now risking my life.
HM.I know in dade country they have strict protocols not to chase bikes unless there is a felony involved.
When riding with a police friend, we rounded a corner in South dade and headed up a 45 mile-an-hour street. Trooper pulled out of no where and hauled ass and go RIGHT behind me (if I sneezed, I would have hit him). My buddy was about 10 car length ahead of me. The officer (FHP) rounded me and jumped in front of me. I slowed to give space and put the trooper about 20 lengths ahead. He flipped on his lights pulling my buddy over. I slowed and asked my friend if he needed me to stop. Went ahead to a gas station up the road. Ten minutes later he rolls up with a smile on his face. He doesn't ride with a tag, but carries it with him. FHP was a friend of his. I asked him why he didn't dip and he gave me the full insiders rundown of "suspected felony."

I won't run but I won't stop either... The only time I stop is if they are right behind me... And I usually try to turn off before they get close enough to really id me. So in short I won't recklessly evade but I won't just stop and give up the ghost.

Felony or not... they are cops and whatever rules they want to follow at that time they will. "Do it now and ask for forgiveness later" is the motto they live by. I've never seen a cop with a hard-on for a chase not jump in.... and before any of you self-righteous cops that lurk here or post here jump my ass for this post, I've been on the other side tracking bikes from the air as a helicopter pilot.

With that said, yes I will run if I know the area. I got a ticket on the Skyline drive... no place to run there. Every entrance is guarded.

Here is a suggestion... keep a bright colored t-shirt, preferably red in your storage. Should you get the urge to run... get away fast, but safe. Find a supermarket or a place that you can run inside, buy something and keep the receipt. Change your shirt... go ride like a Hardley rider, just cruising. I can assure you if you can play it cool... you will pass the test should you get pulled over later. I know, cause I've beat the system on this one. Thirty minutes later, I was stopped and I showed the cop my receipt that I was shopping at a grocery store at the time the other officer said I was running. My shirt did not fit the description, and the receipt gave me an alibi.

Another good out is to post a want ad for your bike. If you run and get pulled over later... it was someone who was "test riding your bike" and the burden of proof becomes theirs to prove it was YOU on your bike. The ad shows intent to sell and not negligence for allowing another rider on your bike.

Just a couple hints.

If they are behind me with lights on I pull over if I didnt see the lights and happen to go get gas somewhere well hey in order to evade you have to know they are looking for you.

If I ride past a LEO at 130 mph, I sure and the hell ain't going to stop. I would stop if I knew he had my plate #. Otherwise, I would just say I didn't see him if he ever did catch back up.

For all the bay area riders, did you know that the forest rangers attempt to enforce traffic laws? If they have the red and blue overheads, even in a pickup truck they can try and pull you over. Seen this in the Santa Cruz Mts, hiway 9, 35, Pescadero Rd etc.

As one of my nearest and dearest friends of 20+ years advertises regularly (he's a LEO)....

"If you run from me.....you'll go to jail tired."

I only thought you had to stop for a leo if you were in a cage.......actually, I got pulled over the other night 69 in a 45 but the leo just told me to slow down a bit.

<!--EDIT|g17
Reason for Edit: None given...|1156795382 -->

I have a few times…actually to be honest I wouldn't really consider it running. Both my brothers are Deps in my area and sometimes I screw with them.

I did some time ago in Georgia, since I was doing well into the triple digits when I noticed a patrol unit light it up. So I just dropped to 4th and hit the limiter, shifted and pinned it. Soon, I passed a trooper that lit me up and gave chase, but couldn't catch up at my speed. He was driving the Crown Victoria so only was capable of 134... Further up the road was a white Z28 with black tint and he came after me but I had my turbo on full boost since I had been at the strip the previous day... I was running low on fuel by then but figured I ought to just make the state line into South Carolina. I was on my way home to Northern Virginia since I was visiting a friend there. I noticed a cluster of flashing lights up ahead and figured roadblock but weighed my unfavorable past into the equation and figured my time was up. I was approaching at nearly 200mph when I hit the roadblack and exploded in a ball of fire... I stood on the pegs to clear the impact and did a superman into Rosco and Boss Hogg killing them both on impact.
I woke up in a cold sweat and enjoyed the fantasy...

Back