Did you ever run from the popo?

I've never run but there has been multiple times police are trying to ask me stuff that I don't have the answer for so I get out of there:blush:

I will never tell,but YES and I was gone before he got his radar gun and key in the ignition....
I was not going to spend 4th of July weekend in jail...

<span style='font-size:13pt;line-height:100%'>Never....</span> <span style='font-size:17pt;line-height:100%'>I'm an Angel !</span>
devil.gif

I've followed pursuits-in-progress when I lived in Detroit, but short of pulling off exit ramps and pretending I was going to get gas and never saw him... not quite a felon
smile.gif

I never have (or would) run from the cops, but I had a front-row-seat watching someone do it a couple of weeks ago.
I was driving my motorhome up Interstate 95 in Virginia and saw, what looked like, a 1K machine of some sort whiz by me. Serious triple digits! The traffic was moderately heavy but regardless he was driving like a mad man, splitting traffic, driving on the shoulder, etc - whatever it took not slow down.

About 3 minutes later four cop cars came flying past me, also at a high rate of speed, although they were having a difficult time getting a clear lane. The bike had a good head start so I figured he'd just peel off the Interstate somewhere, blend into traffic, and get away. Nope! About 10 miles down the road the cops caught him and had him hand-cuffs, as I motored by. Obviously he's going down! Book 'em Dan-o!
biggrin.gif

there was a time in my youth that i simply knew the area well and made a couple quick turns and was out of sight then at that point when i stopped and waited my response was...i just saw him fly by going that way...stopped to take a rock out of my shoe...have a nice day officer

I never have (or would) run from the cops, but I had a front-row-seat watching someone do it a couple of weeks ago. I was driving my motorhome up Interstate 95 in Virginia and saw, what looked like, a 1K machine of some sort whiz by me in, what must have been serious triple digits. He was driving like a mad man, splitting traffic, driving on the shoulder, etc - whatever it took not slow down. About 3 minutes later four cop cars came flying past me, also at a high rate of speed, although they were having a difficult time getting a clear lane. The bike had a good head start so I figured he'd just dive off the Interstate somewhere and get away. Nope! About 10 miles down the road the cops caught him and had him hand-cuffs as I motored by. Obviously he's going down! Book 'em Dan-o!
biggrin.gif

yes, repeatedly...bike and cages. and I can tell you from experience: ANY LEO that catches you after a chase of more than 1000', is going to be hella amped and ready to kick the living s**t outa you, or simply put a cap in your a** n call it a day. Worst thing I've ever done was try to dip on a Trooper and after 2 minutes I realized not getn away so I pulled over n stopped...when he pulled up, I turned off car and threw my keys out the window-he got out of his car gun drawn...dont ask how, but I got away with a minor ticket which my lawyer turned into a non-moving violation. But yeah its stupid, never try in a cage again.

on the Busa-Ive gone outa sight every time n never looked back-kinda hard without mirrors anyway
tounge.gif

I have in my younger days but i said that would never again,so after two tickets,1 speeding and,1 wheelie i have settled down alot,i am a crane operator and need my cdl but 2 months ago the state made a new law that 14 miles over the speed limit and bye bye cdl,witch means bye bye job,so i will never stop again,its not right,but thats the way it has to be or give up riding.I can do the speed limit in my cage but the busa is a different story,i am just really carefull where i get on it but whenever i do i am looking back like crazy,my buddies laugh at me but i really enjoy my job and the pay check!!

I would never run from the cops...

Riding here is dangerous enough as it is.

As for anything dangerous and stupid I may have done at the end of the last millennium: No comment.

race.gif
+
drooling3.gif
=
grim.gif

Nope. Ever heard that saying "You're gonna pay if you're gonna play"? Well that's just part of the "pay".
easier said than done! I take it you really dont get on the bike much ..cause id be in jail or without a licence on this bike using your motto!!!!!!!!LMFAO.
Hmmm, maybe I can control my right wrist better than you.

It just isn't worth my life to NOT get a ticket.
+1

Couldn't agree more
bluegrab.gif

nope but i have been stoped 4 times this year. been let go each time 60mph in a 35, 80mph in a 55, 70mph in a 55, 90mph in a 65
beerchug.gif

Well, when I was younger I was out playing on my first sportsbike without a license yet, on back roads and did. I was going about 20 over and hit it hard and ducked off in a corn field. Never got caught... Had an experience in my car a long time ago, coming home late on night from work, saw the lights in the opposite lane come on and took the first exit quick and pulled off and got away.

Nope. Though I can probably outrun a cop, I can never outrun their radio.

Besides, the price for pulling over is far less than the price of trying to run. Pulling over, I only face a citation. Trying to run, I'm now risking my life.
Hmm.I know in dade country they have strict protocols not to chase bikes unless there is a felony involved.
FHP has a Zero Percent Persuit Policy unless its a felony (not sure about Metro Dade or BSO) but FHP will still chase you. About 3 years ago a FHP was killed in Orlando while chasing a Busa who was racing a Porche. The FHP's tire blew out, he lost control, and slammed into a tree. The Busa rider was later caught at a rest stop on I-4 and was charged with manslaughter.

I posted the story here. I gotta go now but I'll look for it and link to it when I get back.
Here's the story I spoke of. I feel his sentence is outragous to say the least, but it is what it is. I'm also posting this to show that although they are not supposed to chase you, at times they will.

CLICK ME!!! for report of incident

CLICK ME!!! for report of conviction.

not on the bike yet.....im scared that if i get caught, they'll tow my precious on the tow truck and from what ive heard from others, they dont strap it down, just lay it on its side and secure it to the trucks bed.
mad.gif

I would never run from the cops, but I would certainly make a quick exit, etc. if I "felt" like a cop was about to turn his lights on.... but I'd never outright make a cop chase me.

In my younger days on my CBR900RR a few times.

Wheelie on the freeway 3am, my chain came off earlier in the day. We went and bought an AFAM 520 kit for it. After we got it installed we ran downtown for the friday night gathering. On my way home 3am no cars, well one and I wanted to get on the bike hard to make sure the chain was on good. We use a endless chain and did not have right tool but made it work. Anyway just to make sure in 2nd gear I wheelied for a bit. I thought to myself head through the hills real quick incase someone saw you. Then I thought naw its 3am, so I take the exit doing 50 or so in a 45, I see a cop with his lights off at 3am??? Im thinking what the heck, I rounded a corner and got on it after I saw a bit of red and blue as he was turning around. He never saw me, up ahead in the fog I see red and blue lights lighting up the fog as cops were road blocking the street just over the hill. I grab a handful of break and pull over on the side of the road.

About 1 minute later the policeman comes screaming around the corner and sees me stopped. The other cars that were ahead came to greet me also. $3700 dollars later I was on my way with a reckless. Got a lawyer and tried to explain to the police about my chain, I even showed him where it busted my plastic but he didn't care.

In the winter came it was 20 degrees or so, the bike was my only transportation I was going at a quick pace just trying to get home and again a cop come to chase me. I was going to run but decided to pull over. He let me go as I explained I was freezing and just trying to get home. As I took off around the corner a sprinkler system broke and froze the road solid with ice. I am glad I stopped that time.

Now I wouldn't do it unless I could quietly duck out somewhere.

Back