Coronovirus

That sounds plausible. Not sure what percent are type O.
I have a buddy who is a conspiracy nut and I usually just tell to shut up because I just really don't care but he brought up that allegedly China is has a majority of type o blood (not sure exact type or percent because like I said i usually ignore him) and that his conspiracy of the week is that if they were to engineer something to damage the world population it only makes sense to have a way such as blood type to keep them from suffering like everyone else. Now I did look a few things up and while I don't get too much into talking politics or conspiracy theory this did kind of make me think a little different about a few things.

I have a buddy who is a conspiracy nut and I usually just tell to shut up because I just really don't care but he brought up that allegedly China is has a majority of type o blood (not sure exact type or percent because like I said i usually ignore him) and that his conspiracy of the week is that if they were to engineer something to damage the world population it only makes sense to have a way such as blood type to keep them from suffering like everyone else. Now I did look a few things up and while I don't get too much into talking politics or conspiracy theory this did kind of make me think a little different about a few things.
Well that didn't work in Wuhan. The virus exploded there and ran through that town like water. They stopped it by a serious lock down. So I don't think I buy that one, and I would be surprised if the Type O blood thing was 100% even if type o blood type people are significantly less likely to contact the virus. I don't get why China would want to kill off people around the world anyway. I also don't get why China would want to destroy the worlds economies? Why would China want Americans to spend a fortune buying their imports at Wal Mart every day?

Well this doesn't seem to match what we know about the virus. From the red cross:
  • African American: 47% O-positive, 24% A-positive, and 18% B-positive
  • Latin American: 53% O-positive, 29% A-positive, and 9% B-positive
  • Asian: 39% O-positive, 27% A-positive, and 25% B-positive
  • Caucasian: 37% O-positive, 33% A-positive, and 9% B-positive
Certainly Blacks and Browns are the ones exposed to the virus the most but they also have the higher percentages of Type O blood.

Couple issues with that argument, (and I know it's not your argument) first, type O blood is the most common in this country as well, so it would only be marginally worse here than in China. Second, as @fallenarch points out, China's economy is largely based on the consumer purchasing power of western nations. If anything they would benefit from higher population levels, not lower. They certainly don't stand to gain anything by reducing the number of people who buy things.
As with many conspiracy theories, a lot of the information in them tracks, but there's a false premise in the foundation of the argument that has to be accepted.

Certainly Blacks and Browns are the ones exposed to the virus the most but they also have the higher percentages of Type O blood.
This is largely a function of poverty. People at the lower end of the socioeconomic scale are more likely to be exposed because of employment, living conditions, etc. Black and brown people are more likely to be poor, so it makes sense that rates of exposure are higher in those groups.

This is largely a function of poverty. People at the lower end of the socioeconomic scale are more likely to be exposed because of employment, living conditions, etc. Black and brown people are more likely to be poor, so it makes sense that rates of exposure are higher in those groups.
Yes I agree on how minorities get exposed. What I was pointing out is the conspiracy theory is China created the virus with the blood Type O immunity, But Black and Brown people have a higher percentage of type O blood (according to the red cross) and they are the larger percentage of people who caught the virus. Shows how a theory gets legs without the most obvious investigation that blows it out of the water being looked at. People will see this conspiracy and think most Chinese are Type o blood and therefore immune to the virus. In actuality, Asians have less type O blood by percentage than black or brown people. Doesn't pass the most basic smell test. Most people won't do a simple google search on "blood type based on demographics", they wtll just get onboard with the conspiracy.

I had a stump grinder come out and quote me some stumps. We talked about this topic. He brought up something that I had heard before but sort of blew it off as just another Covid fable. His mom got it in her nursing home. Bad. They wouldn't take her at the hospital. They brought her home. She recovered. But his wife and daughter caught it but not him. He tested negative for the past 6 weeks. His doctor asked him his blood type. *This is the part I remember as the topic. Blood type related.*

He said he was O-. His Doc said all O types are showing to be resistant. O + a bit less resistant and symptoms are less severe. O- are getting minor if any symptoms. So now I'm calling my tenant. Who's daughter in law got it but son, grandbaby and her did not. I said do you know your blood type? She said O-. I going to ask my next door neighbor first chance I get to see if this is starting to track.

This may become pretty significant.

If for some reason you are the fist person to put this together and you become world renown for this breakthrough I want you to promise us that you will never forget us small people. Remember you put it all together while talking to a whole lot of other interesting motorcycle folks on Hayabusa.org....

Promise me now, do it, come on.....

Great news! My son and DIL have tested Neg. for Covid. Took just over two weeks for them to start feeling better. Luckily their symptoms were relatively mild, low fever for a day and half, extreme fatigue, all over muscle aches and pains, dry cough, slight breathing trouble and loss of taste and smell. They stayed inside with their kids the whole time and were already quite fit. Jake goes back to work today.:)
Hi that is great. I am very glad they are OK.

Great news! My son and DIL have tested Neg. for Covid. Took just over two weeks for them to start feeling better. Luckily their symptoms were relatively mild, low fever for a day and half, extreme fatigue, all over muscle aches and pains, dry cough, slight breathing trouble and loss of taste and smell. They stayed inside with their kids the whole time and were already quite fit. Jake goes back to work today.:)

exactly the symptoms i had and length

If for some reason you are the fist person to put this together and you become world renown for this breakthrough I want you to promise us that you will never forget us small people. Remember you put it all together while talking to a whole lot of other interesting motorcycle folks on Hayabusa.org....

Promise me now, do it, come on.....
Lol. If you read that, I state I remember hearing the topic come up as a general part of the hundreds of other Covid related stuff. His Doc seemed to have already suggested the data is known to him anyway.. I'm just trying to help my Busa family stay current on Covid "stuff".

Yes I agree on how minorities get exposed. What I was pointing out is the conspiracy theory is China created the virus with the blood Type O immunity, But Black and Brown people have a higher percentage of type O blood (according to the red cross) and they are the larger percentage of people who caught the virus. Shows how a theory gets legs without the most obvious investigation that blows it out of the water being looked at. People will see this conspiracy and think most Chinese are Type o blood and therefore immune to the virus. In actuality, Asians have less type O blood by percentage than black or brown people. Doesn't pass the most basic smell test. Most people won't do a simple google search on "blood type based on demographics", they wtll just get onboard with the conspiracy.
One important thing to note is that the red cross stats you show are based on the US population rather than global types I believe. That being said, O is still the most common blood type, so the theory still doesn't track.

I wonder why we don't hear about the homeless population getting this? They are about the farthest down on the socio economic ladder. Yet I don't recall any coverage on Covid and homeless.

I wonder why we don't hear about the homeless population getting this? They are about the farthest down on the socio economic ladder. Yet I don't recall any coverage on Covid and homeless.
They die under a bridge somewhere, nobody cares so they bag them up and never bother to figure out why they died.

My neighbor and his wife are both teachers (she works from home). They got a call to come get their kids from school. The younger lad who's 6 had a sore stomach so they sent him and his 2 brothers home to be Covid tested...

This little guy gets a sore stomach 2-3 times a week like clock work and all the teachers are aware of this. His parents are working with a Dr trying to find out why but figure it's from food allergies.

Now they have to be tested, get results to send to the school and then wait 24 hrs after testing before they can go back to school...

Frickin' ridiculous if you ask me.

Back