HD CEO Steps down

The brand has been fighting market saturation for years. Their marketing has carried them, the lack of response to a changing market will spell their demise. Besides fuel injection in about 2008 I think, almost all their new models have been variations on the same theme.

Dont forget that a couple of models have water cooled heads. That was a big step up for Harley.
I know nothing about harleys and one day was in a traffic jam on I-95, when I first arrived to the USA and saw several bikes within a few miles that were pulled over. I was scratching my head trying to figure it out, until I got back to work and my Harley riding coworkers explained to me the whole thing about air cooled and rear cylinder temps. They got mad when I started laughing, so I just walked away.

They’re still a thousand pounds with 75 horsepower. How’re they ever gonna fix that?

I think most of their recent research and development has gone into the Livewire, and I understand it's a very decent motorcycle (better be for 30 grand). The local dealer still hasn't received one; I wouldn't mind riding one.

HD has been in business over a 100 yrs, and have a serious following...they have done something right, it's the market and lack of interest by the newer generation which is killing them off (and many other things I might add).

HD tried to change their product but caught so much heck over it they stopped. The V Rod engine was going to be their new platform.

Not 100 percent sure but I think they are still selling a lot of bikes down here I see them on the road here a lot :thumbsup:

I dont know if the dealer is selling them because most of the folks I talk to and ride with buy used.

Not 100 percent sure but I think they are still selling a lot of bikes down here I see them on the road here a lot :thumbsup:

They’re all over up here, the majority bike on the road I believe. When I’m out for a ride I see more Hawgs than any other brand. On my first ever tour in the mid 70s I saw only one Honda and two Harleys and the Harleys had CD plates. That was in 3,500 miles and six states! Now, they’re everywhere.

I know nothing about harleys and one day was in a traffic jam on I-95, when I first arrived to the USA and saw several bikes within a few miles that were pulled over. I was scratching my head trying to figure it out, until I got back to work and my Harley riding coworkers explained to me the whole thing about air cooled and rear cylinder temps. They got mad when I started laughing, so I just walked away.
That is the reason I sold mine. I might own another one one day for the nostalgia of it but it definitely won't be something that can sit in traffic all day long.

HD bikes have their issues but to think a 73hp, 1000+ lb bike can do what they do is nothing short of a miracle.

Their marketing department is second to none though...once they hook the HD riders, they have them hooked good.

A guy I knew bought a Fat Boy (came from a Honda VT1300) and before any of us knew it, he had an HD jacket, helmet, boots, gloves, watch, ring, pants, probably underwear too.....he had it all and then started to develop a "Holier than thou" attitude.

The Show must go on......

Harley ain’t going nowhere

Yes my Harley Davidson Roadglide Special has around 75 HP and weighs 900+ lbs. But I’ve ridden it farther and longer in 1 weekend trip than most of you ride in months. Did a 24hour 1,200 mile rally last year only shutting my bike off a few times to take a leak. Never had 1 issue with it.....

There are guys who buy a Harley just so they can get a tattoo and wear the T shirts but there ARE riders out there on old slow heavy tractors that ride em in all weather for serious miles. They might now be able to do 180mph like a Busa but they go well over the speed limit with no problem Trust me

I've had my share of Harleys..they are great for 2 up riding. Never felt my lil house mouse on the back. She would just sit back and listen to the 4 Blaupunct speakers being driven by an Alpine head unit and Sony amplifier.I had 65 pieces of "Willie G" chrome on it,had to weigh in over a 1000lbs without the luggage and rider/pillion. Chrome everything,S&S oval exhaust,blah blah blah. Very little motor upgrades.

If I wanted speed I took out my Harley Pro Street. It had one Harley thing on it...the frame.:laugh:
127 cubic inch S&S motor
Baker 6 speed
Performance Machine wheels,brakes(six piston calipers) controls blah blah blah
fun to ride...huge horse power...Harley handling..:banghead: softail platform with air suspension.

Also had a big dog chopper. They were about 50-60 grand. All S&S etc. One of the Vancouver Canuck NHL hockey players imported it to Canada. I paid 15 grand.;)

I actually believe Harley will live forever. They have had hard times,remember when they got bought up by AMF,LOL American Machine and Foundry.

I also had a 2 stroke Amachi motors Harley...ya spagetti harley. Harley SX 250 street legal enduro.:race:

Rubber.

Oh ya...127 cu. in. is 2080 cc's. Bigger displacement than the motor in my Audi TT Roadster. It only had a 2 liter (2000 cc's) :confused:

Rubbster.

Burnin' Rubbah

Back