State Farm can't hold me down

Rongotti

Registered
Called state farm today to set up my insurance for sat when i buy my busa. my busa with my renters and 2 other cars would get a discounted rate of 294.40 for 6 months, sounds great gave them all my info. They came back and said they could not offer me a policy, because of an at fault accident. Needless to say I was pissed, after getting over the initial shock I called a&b insurance and got a quote of $321 down and $118 a month, a little higher but still far better than the $3,200 progressive wants.

holy ^&*)^& 3200! I thought it was bad in MA (fixed motorcycle ins rates). I pay around 880 (couple minor infractions)

dang thats a bit much.....I'd definately shop around, if you were in the military, look at usaa, they have about the same kinda rates as I found from a few other companies and much cheaper than most.

It's freakin' incredible where these numbers come from. True note; in Canada, you're accidents now stay with you 10 years. Wife called our car insurance co. (who used to have my SV's before I sold 'em) about me getting a 'Busa next year. They asked "have you had any accidents in the last 10 years".

rock.gif

WTF?

I don't wanna say it, but I think insurance companies are going to kill off motorcycling like they did the muscle car.

Snake thats with renters ins and 2 other cars.
mine is 3200 just with two cars and a busa with a step 9

Called state farm today to set up my insurance for sat when i buy my busa. my busa with my renters and 2 other cars would get a discounted rate of 294.40 for 6 months, sounds great gave them all my info. They came back and said they could not offer me a policy, because of an at fault accident. Needless to say I was pissed, after getting over the initial shock I called a&b insurance and got a quote of $321 down and $118 a month, a little higher but still far better than the $3,200 progressive wants.
Who is A&B???

Progressive wants 3800.00 from me.... Well Actually got 2 Different Quotes from Independant Agents all from Progressive, the first was 5000.00 in advance...

State Farm, is going to dump alot of people soon if they can. Anyone who makes a claim on policy ue to a hurrican is gone this comming season it is not profitable to insure them after a disaster. now they will still insure your auto. But ot your home.

Maybe need insurance like that of flood, from government and auto too and let them all sink and go out of business..

<!--EDIT|Heavy Metal
Reason for Edit: None given...|1091793545 -->

Only way to defeat the insurance companies is go to independants and get lower rates or get a group and lobby congress and all...

OR take it out of their hands via state or federal insuance like Flood is... more business they loose better...

I don't wanna say it, but I think insurance companies are going to kill off motorcycling like they did the muscle car[/QUOTE]
It's actually just the sportbikes that are the target...you can get a cruiser insured, probably with a 3,000 cc engine, for about $150 a year...well, maybe not quite, but not far...
it's just a shame...
Ride safe...

Back