HD CEO Steps down

I have nothing against any bike either. If you like it and it works for you I say rock it. But the HD is a cultural accomplishment - not a technical one. On the other hand, the BMW K1600 is a technical accomplishment with few rivals, yet it lacks that elusive character that rumbles and bumbles out of the simplest HD.

For me it's about the physics and the curves and the effort to find that perfect machine that beats them both. As I get older and my physical abilities diminish it seems my curiosity grows and grows. So for me, and that's just me and my perspective, no HD will do.

Personally I am a fan of just about all motorcycles, and can appreciate them for what they are. There isn't a busa that can follow my 450 around a motocross track. I love taking my wife with me on the Harley. It's a blast putting around town on my buddies old BSA. Nothing beats taking the busa out solo and having some fun.

My point is, enjoy every / any bike for what it is. Not what another bike is. I am like alot of the riders here. I have a list of different bikes I would love to have and if I had them all, I would still have a list.

All that said I cant imagination not having a busa in the stable.

View attachment 1614144
I agree, a bike is a bike and each have their own purpose and use.

It's generally the rider which defines the view of a particular bike...sport bike riders are viewed as "hooligans", HD/cruiser riders are viewed as "tough guys" BMW riders are viewed as "refined."

Whether these reflect the actual reality is not in question, this is generally how the average person views motorcyclists...

Even within the HD world different views are defined-the old, die-hard HD riders refer to the newer riders as wannabes or posers and look at them in distain as "them yuppie riders."

Back