HD CEO Steps down

Oh ya...I got the Harley pro street off one of the Hell's Angels mechanics. I paid 5000$ and another bagger that I had that I paid 15,000 for. It was an 06. Last of the 80 cu inchers. Wow...power...:eek: 60 horse maybe:D

20 grand for it. It had a proffesional apraisal for 90 grand. :super: Sold it for 25 grand.

Really burnt Rubbah.

A Harley is what a Harley does don't expect it to be something its not. They'll be around forever I don't own one but I'd love to have one to go with my Busa

For an air cooled V-Twin it was "The Dope" or maybe it was that I was "On" too much dope.:crazy:

:drool:Burnin' something,but it wasn't Rubbah..:crazy:

“For an air cooled V-Twin” qualifies that statement perfectly. :thumbsup: And I’m not saying they’re slow. Those huge cylinders and long stroke rely on torque to move that half ton down the road. They go everywhere too and so do a large number of their riders. Gold Wings too, also underpowered and over weight. Even some Hayabusas go the distance, just not too many.

“For an air cooled V-Twin” qualifies that statement perfectly. :thumbsup: And I’m not saying they’re slow. Those huge cylinders and long stroke rely on torque to move that half ton down the road. They go everywhere too and so do a large number of their riders. Gold Wings too, also underpowered and over weight. Even some Hayabusas go the distance, just not too many.View attachment 1614063
View attachment 1614064

View attachment 1614065
Hi A pic of my 1999 HD softtail. With my girl friend it was her 1st time ride on any bike. It was our 3rd date, I had meet her mother and found out that I was 10 years older than her [ the mother].

Like I said I own both and can appreciate both.

With that being said the Torque on Harley’s are underrated. You got these Doocatis and premium sport bikes making 200HP but making the same amount of TQ as Harley’s.....

The difference is the TQ is on tap and readily available on a Harley. You don’t have to have the motor spinning like a top redlined to get the most out of it. 900lb + bike loaded down with rider and passenger who could stand to lose a few pounds and it’s still zipping down the highway up hills etc not missing a beat

@fallenarch purchased 1 of them Top of the line Sport Touring Bimmers.....

Made twice as much HP had every function feature imaginable on a motorcycle. Butt guess what??? Recall was issued and it sat in his garage for months unable to ride it. Because the bike is made in Germany and so are the parts!!! So everything is on backorder and gets bottlenecked before your even able to get the replacement parts.

I need something for my Harley there is a Harley Dealer in every major city across the entire USA and multiple dealers littered down the highways that I’ve traveled on. Getting parts/ service and getting back on the road was the #1 factor why I chose H-D over the rest

Made twice as much HP had every function feature imaginable on a motorcycle. Butt guess what??? Recall was issued and it sat in his garage for months unable to ride it. Because the bike is made in Germany and so are the parts!!! So everything is on backorder and gets bottlenecked before your even able to get the replacement parts.

I need something for my Harley there is a Harley Dealer in every major city across the entire USA and multiple dealers littered down the highways that I’ve traveled on. Getting parts/ service and getting back on the road was the #1 factor why I chose H-D over the rest

There are less and less motorcycle dealers here in Canada it seems as the motorcycle market dries up. Where I live you have to drive an hour+ to get anything fixed other than Yamaha or Honda...

The local dealership had to drop HD as they were so demanding the dealership just couldn't meet their demands. He used to have Suzuki too but he said they (Suzuki) was so cheap in their approach to customer service, he just couldn't carry them anymore. They wanted him to sell their bikes but were not interested in honoring anything-he said dealing with Suzuki Canada was painful.

No offense Brother, but even sitting in the garage with the transmission broken my BMW was better than a Harley. The K16 had it's problems but I was holding it to a much higher plane than an HD. In fact, most of the people who swear by the K are ex-HD riders. That's like comparing a B-1 to a Biplane and saying the Biplane was better because the B1 was a pain maintain.

My dislike of the K was because I was comparing it to a Busa, and few bikes can win that comparison.

I like Harleys and have owned enough of them. The downside is they are too expensive plus I can't find one current model that I would not have to spend at least 2k on to fit me and my needs.

I have owned 1 sportster, lots of softails and touring models. Also a few Dyna's.

I also got bored with them. My busa keeps my riding passion up. If I could afford both I would probably have another.

No offense brother...butt you could always change your screen name to FALLENBEEMER... :D

Rubb.
I stop posting 20 posts a day and you people fall behind! I now have a 2020 BMW R1250 GT and I absolutely love it. For everyone trying to drop the Busa's weight you need to ride this bike. It is as light as a feather either riding it or just pushing it around the driveway. You won't believe it weighs 542 lbs. Got all the gadgets too. I've had it for a week and it has 680 miles on it already. First day I got it I left the showroom at about 7:00 PM to ride it home and got home at 3:00 AM (had a grin frozen on my face with 40 degree night temps)! Not sure how the K1600 ended up, took it in for the recall work, walked out of the shop, into the show room, traded it in and bought the 1250.

Harley? Never even considered one.....

I remember when I first started riding and I'd be stopped I would see some harleys shoot out the gas station. I thought to myself, all that noise and they are barely moving pff, harley guys. Fast forward 5 years and I'm the owner of a 2007 fatboy, nothing special just pipes, wheels, and a lot of chrome (ugh). I hadn't imagined being a harley owner or any cruiser to be honest. It was for my father n law but he couldn't get the hang of riding a motorcycle so he sold it to me. I wasnt a fan of the fat boy but I've seen a few with the larger front wheel and like that look. It's a stock 96ci engine so nothing special there. It puts out a whopping 73hp to the wheel with a rich tune. It's no comparison to the hp or torque of a busa, but it's fun for what it is. Its punchy at the lower rpms/gears. I'd make the comparison to an older muscle car. Not alot of power and loud but still makes for a fun drive. For the record though I wouldn't spend 20k+ for a new one.

Personally I am a fan of just about all motorcycles, and can appreciate them for what they are. There isn't a busa that can follow my 450 around a motocross track. I love taking my wife with me on the Harley. It's a blast putting around town on my buddies old BSA. Nothing beats taking the busa out solo and having some fun.

My point is, enjoy every / any bike for what it is. Not what another bike is. I am like alot of the riders here. I have a list of different bikes I would love to have and if I had them all, I would still have a list.

All that said I cant imagination not having a busa in the stable.

20160716_143126.jpg

Back