Headlight Step Amps Down...

Getn off

Registered
ok. Ok. So now everyone is scratching thier heads as they click the link! Hear me out!
I want to preface this post with, I am not an electrician nor did I stay in a Holiday Inn recently. Hell, I am not even what one might consider smart!
I have added an R1 nose fairing to my man cave. I tried to use a light switch with a transformer rectifier to step the volts from 110vac to 12 vdc. Worked great except the max amps for the tr is 2.5 a. I thought the headlights would draw around 2-4(?), but no joy. I was under the impression that if the amps were low, it would just illuminate a little dimmer. Guess not! Ended up using some LEDs I had laying around instead.
Looks ok, but I really want to make the oem lights illuminate.
Can anyone tell me if I can simply wire something in series with the tr to step the headlights down to 2-2.5 amos? Not sure the term, but maybe a diode or something???
Btw, hot wired from a bike's batt, they work great! Voltage after the tr going into the lights are right at 12 vdc. Just must need less amperage?
Thanks for any help peeps!
And yes, I have thought of a spare batt on a tender, but don't want to go that route.
Troy

Back