Higher output charging system??

JW OLDBUSA

Registered
Does anyone know of a higher output charging system that'll work on a '00 Busa. I measured mine at 28 amps at 14 volts max output. It also seems that the higher rpms the lower the voltage to about 12 volts. Are there any newer years that are higher or any mods to do on the stater rotor or reg??
My 3 wires going to the regulator burned at a connector. I replaced them with 12 ga. with soldered connectors to regulator. That works great now, but with extra bulbs in turnsignals and brake lights, and other acessories it'd be nice to have 10-15 more amps.
My lights flicker at idle with the engine rpm at night. I always keep my battery on a battery tender.

Does anyone know of a higher output charging system that'll work on a '00 Busa. I measured mine at 28 amps at 14 volts max output. It also seems that the higher rpms the lower the voltage to about 12 volts. Are there any newer years that are higher or any mods to do on the stater rotor or reg??
My 3 wires going to the regulator burned at a connector. I replaced them with 12 ga. with soldered connectors to regulator. That works great now, but with extra bulbs in turnsignals and brake lights, and other acessories it'd be nice
to have 10-15 more amps.
My lights flicker at idle with the engine rpm at night. I always keep my battery on a battery tender.

And you thought no one would have an answer for you, huh ?
Well here ya go, Playa !

Click here to view !

Also to cut down on your power consumption try replacing your stock turn signal bulbs and brake light using LED's light and replace your headlight with a HID light setup.  The stock headlamp draws I think 55 watts compared to the 35 watts needed to power a HID light.  So you will save atleast 20 watts just by upgrading to a HID light kit.

My .02

Ty

<!--EDIT|Rhythm
Reason for Edit: None given...|1142214690 -->

Welcome aboard JW OLDBUSA and dont be shy to post some photos of your baby !
super.gif
super.gif

TY

super.gif

She'z diffinetly lQQk tight, Playa, and what type of udertail are you sportn there ? For your T/S bulbs, they do make LED types that will only draw mini amps that will work in your mirrors and anywhere else on the bike.  Also if you checked out the link I posted earlier you will notice that the company offers a higher output stator (rewound) and a substitute upgrade rectifier for the Busa and have plans with coming out later this spring early summer with one built specificly for the Busa.

Keep on Pimpn, JW OLDBUSA
super.gif

Thanks a million Rhythm for all the info. I'll def be lookin' for the stater and rectifier and bulbs.
The undertail, I custom built 1 off so I'd have built in t signals tucked in and be able to use 1157 size bulbs also extra LED 3d brakelight. The mirrors are Busa and inserted busa stock rear t signals in them. they have a small 194 running light and 1157 t signal. I was rear-ended once at a red light and cut into many times by side and front, so I light it up.

ImageShack Links Do Not Work

So I see you're into playing with nasty smelln resin too.  Your work looks really pro JW, and the mirror concept turned out great too.  I was wondering what bike those mirrors came from.    

Last winter  I also redsigned my undertail enlarging it to accommodate my 500 watt custom stereo system.  Which can hold aleast 7qt of oil.
 Along with fabricating a two 5.25"front inner panels and two custom molded 2" windscreen speakers, combined with a 8" sub enclosure built into the hump, and two more 5.25 tuck into the rear sides.

Check here for photos !

Man, That's cool!!!!! I love it when you hand custom make something from scratch. Good to hear you do that. I don't see it that much. 500 watts. WOW You must have some boomin' sounds. That's what I like! I'd like to see some pics of yours.

I built mine into my helmets. I listen to music almost all the time while riding. I'll go all the way from FT Lauderdale to the "Gap" with music playin' cruisin' 80-90
Yes I like to use that Nasty old resin and epoxy!!

<!--EDIT|JW OLDBUSA
Reason for Edit: None given...|1142478166 -->

welcome to the org JW... i always love seeing your custom painted busa!

Welcome aboard  JW OLDBUSA and dont be shy to post some photos of your baby !  
super.gif

super.gif

TY
Great bike and great guy. Good to hear from you jack.

I think i am having the same problem although I have not checked my connectors yet. I am only getting stutter around 4300 or below. I am also going with a YTZ14 for some addiotional cranking amps.

Oh yheas p[ost those pics so they can droll on the paint job. They don't realize that they seen pics already when I took them at bike night.

super.gif

Back