Can't believe this even made the news

I could (but won't bother) to post a whole whack of videos of people who own and hate EV.

I do have a good friend who has a Tesla S and he hates it, he has never got the range advertised and other than the electronics it is not a great car. To top it off, he received a letter telling him to not charge it in his garage, they even paid for him to have an outside charging station. What pisses him off is he has a very expensive vehicle that has to sit outside a 3 car garage in the snow.
LOL, the letter to charge outside is BS, why don't you post something to verify that?

With that said, if a separator plate in an EV battery fails, you will have a fire, so there is a lot of R&D that has taken place to improve the separator.

On a similar note though, gas is highly combustible and anything that goes wrong will have even a worse result. The advantage is that there are several more years of experience as EV is still pretty new.

Last edited:
LOL, the letter to charge outside is BS, why don't you post something to verify that.

With that said, if a separator plate in an EV battery fails, you will have a fire, so there is a lot of R&D that has taken place to improve the separator.

On a similar note though, gas is highly combustible and anything that goes wrong will have even a worse result. The advantage is that there is several more years of experience as EV is still pretty new.
I fell like this is some sort of tennis match...back and forth, back and forth.

I didn't get the letter, I don't own the car...he said he got a letter, it could have been from his house insurance for all I know.

I do know there have been 2 house fires in my area where they lost everything and it came down to an EV charging in the garage.

I fell like this is some sort of tennis match...back and forth, back and forth.

I didn't get the letter, I don't own the car...he said he got a letter, it could have been from his house insurance for all I know.

I do know there have been 2 house fires in my area where they lost everything and it came down to an EV charging in the garage.

LOL Bee.

Do you actually read what you post?

So the research article you posted says (I did the math) of the combined EV and gas vehicles, the EV fires are 1.64%, the remaining 98,36% are gas vehicles destroyed by fire.

By the way, you and I always have a tennis match, because I prefer factual matters while you shoot from the hip.

I accept the 2014 and 2019 links you posted, although the one is a bit on the old side.

Just like the letter, I call BS on the two houses in your area. Post up the evidence, and I will apologise.

Also, I posted earlier why the EV batteries explode and catch fire and what development has taken place since the earlier models. You either missed it, or perhaps do not really know how a battery works to produce electricity?

Last edited:
LOL Bee.

Do you actually read what you post?

So the research article you posted says (I did the math) of the combined EV and gas vehicles, the EV fires are 1.64%, the remaining 98,36% are gas vehicles destroyed by fire.

By the way, you and I always have a tennis match, because I prefer factual matters while you shoot from the hip.
I think you like to see yourself typing and attempting to gain some sort of air of superiority.

What was significant in that post was the fact EV fires (although less than ICE at the present time) are far harder to contain and control and cause considerably more damage-that's the point I was making posting that article.

Don't look at the post where the EV caught fire weeks after the collision took place and the firefighters were unable to extinguish it. This is more common than what we think and it has firefighters greatly concerned especially the volunteer units which are limited in funds, training and equipment.

I think you like to see yourself typing and attempting to gain some sort of air of superiority.

What was significant in that post was the fact EV fires (although less than ICE at the present time) are far harder to contain and control and cause considerably more damage-that's the point I was making posting that article.

Don't look at the post where the EV caught fire weeks after the collision took place and the firefighters were unable to extinguish it. This is more common than what we think and it has firefighters greatly concerned especially the volunteer units which are limited in funds, training and equipment.
In terms of air superiority, Bee I am certainly no match for you. You are a true Pro here on the board.
One of the reasons I try and stay away, but sometimes when there is enough BS I just can't help myself.

In terms of air superiority, Bee I am certainly no match for you. You are a true Pro here on the board.
One of the reasons I try and stay away, but sometimes when there is enough BS I just can't help myself.
If you can't handle any controversary or discussion, this is a good place to stay away from.

Chevy Bolt loses 35% in extreme Canadian cold weather.
Good thing Bolts are self-heating.

California already legislated no more gas vehicles after 2035, so if you work on replacement at 15 years, it means by 2050, they will just about be totally gone.
The same California which already has to issue restrictions on the charging of EVs?

EVs may be the way of the future, but they're far from the way of the present.

If you can't handle any controversary or discussion, this is a good place to stay away from.
LOL, I can handle controversy (you had the wrong spelling) and I can handle discussion as well as healthy debates.

What I do not handle well is BS and folks who go around in circles spewing no logic, other than BS.

Let's just look at one example of what you posted, there are many others in many other threads.

First you post up that Tesla's catch fire to the extent that they have to be charged outside in the snow. Anyone with more than one brain cell knows that is BS.
Then you post up an article which claims that per capita only around 1.6% of EV's catch fire, the rest are all gas engine vehicles.
But you are still arguing about the Tesla which is a major fire hazard compared to anything else.
Then you realize you are making a bit on an idiot of yourself.
Then you post up about how difficult it is to extinguish the fire compared to anything else, so you look a bit better.

It is not important if any of those statements are accurate, what is important is not to deal with someone who likes to argue for the sake of ego and the sake of trying to be right, when what is really right does not matter.

Over and out.

Last edited:
LOL, I can handle controversy (you had the wrong spelling) and I can handle discussion as well as healthy debates.

What I do not handle well is BS and folks who go around in circles spewing no logic, other than BS.

Let's just look at one example of what you posted, there are many others in many other threads.

First you post up that Tesla's catch fire to the extent that they have to be charged outside in the snow. Anyone with more than one brain cell knows that is BS.
Then you post up an article which claims that per capita only around 1.6% of EV's catch fire, the rest are all gas engine vehicles.
But you are still arguing about the Tesla which is a major fire hazard compared to anything else.
Then you realize you are making a bit on an idiot of yourself.
Then you post up about how difficult it is to extinguish the fire compared to anything else, so you look a bit better.

It is not important if any of those statements are accurate, what is important is not to deal with someone who likes to argue for the sake of ego and the sake of trying to be right, when what is really right does not matter.

Over and out.
The phone helped me spell that...

You seem to have your neck bowed on the subject of EV and that's ok too, I'm not a fan and I think that's ok as well.

...and there are plenty of arguments for and against EV...

Lots and lots of videos such as this out there.

Last edited:
.....and I apologize to @jellyrug for dismissing his viewpoint as not relevant. It is in fact relevant, he is a valued member of this forum and it would be a shame for him to not post.

I admit there are times when my passion for a subject supersedes my cognizant thought process...this is a new development as in my previous profession I used to be very methodical, thorough for the most part devoid of passion and emotional thought.

www.labusas.org/threads/if-you-were-gonna…buy-an-electric-car-which-one-would-it-be.266021/
200.gif

Back