Cap needs some input...

BTW - I really like the "like" feature - gives you the ability to give a thumbs up without having to make a needless post IMO.

Political threads and, to a lesser extent, the idea of private chat groups, have degraded the experience of a motorcycle website that, according to your description, requires the exchange of information to survive. Both have a tendency to exclude people, and once people are excluded, they're gone. That's my two cents.

Political threads and, to a lesser extent, the idea of private chat groups, have degraded the experience of a motorcycle website that, according to your description, requires the exchange of information to survive. Both have a tendency to exclude people, and once people are excluded, they're gone. That's my two cents.

There is not a single topic in any chat group that you are missing... So... more mis information..

I usually don't stay long if I see a lot of posts that i don't feel I contribute to... I do not at all think they should go away, but I'd like to see more build threads, travel threads, and of course more pics are always fun. There's nothing that can be done about that except by members.... So if I break a bolt or find the cash to go somewhere interesting I will post up lol.

I got some builds that I'm currently working on now but they are not Busa related so I never posted them up. I will get them up and let you guys check them out after I get my laptop replaced. :banghead:

Until this thread, I didn't even know about this groups thing. Then I went and looked at it and don't really care one way of the other about it, but it does seem to have caused more than one to show some resistance for what it represents. Course I have never used the chat feature or probably about 20 of the other things it is possible to do here.

I use what I want to use here, and don't even really care what else I am NOT doing as it doesn't matter to me. Cap perhaps this is a thought. This board may be getting too many features and it is splintering off people?

First, let me say that the .Org is hands down the best motorcycle forum that I have had an opportunity to use. For the most part, the folks here are helpful and really do care about each other. This is probably the best place on the planet to locate information about the Busa. That said, there are some areas that I personally find frustrating and could be improved upon that may result in more new users and users posting.

1) The Search function is not very intuitive and does not provide consistent results. For example, sometimes will will try to search for a post or thread I made...typing in many words from the thread title and the search function will have zero results. Then I will type the same information but this time add by User (me) and suddenly, there it is. Maybe I'm not using it correctly but that's the point, it shouldn't be that difficult. I have used search functions in other forums that work much better.

2) Knowledge Base. I think it's fair to say that most people, especially newbs search for specific information i.e., how to, or trouble shooting, etc. Rather than use a search feature, why not build a true knowledge Data base that users can add to. It would require review by the moderators before any new items were added to the data base but it would probably become the most used section of the forum. It would be quite a bit of work to set up but it will make the .Org truly unique! Let's see Facebook do that! Oh, and of course, new users must register to use the Knowledge base.

3) The .Org Bash. (the following is just my opinion) Every year we read about and see pictures from the Bash. The problem is that it's generally in the same part of the country and for the most part, it's the same people that attend (also mostly from that part of the country). This is very discouraging, at least to me, as it seems only a select group of members are ever able to participate. I'm sure other feel "left out." Why not have the Bash in different parts of the country each year, or have simultaneous "Bashes" around the country at the same time?

4) As others have mentioned, some of the activity on a Busa site depends on Suzuki. At some point, there is nothing new to talk about. There's not a lot we can do about that so we have to create our own excitement. What about some .Org sponsored contests? For example, Win a GoPro Hero 3 Silver Edition - How? By POSTING up pictures or stories from your most memorable experiences while riding the Busa, for example. Think of the POSTING as being an entry into the contest. The more POSTINGS, the more opportunity to win. The winner is then selected by a random drawing from all of the postings. Oh, and announce the contest on Facebook. Of course you must be a registered user to Post.

5) Another thing might be exclusive product review videos.

6) One last suggestion, another forum I use has a live online group chat feature... almost like a running facbook time line. people just chat and make comments in real time and anyone that is logged in can view or participate. In the other forum, this is available to supporting members only. Now maybe the .Org already has this and I'm just not aware of it. If there is, then it's not advertised enough.

This is a great forum and I appreciate the time and dedication put in by the Cap and the moderators and of course all of the members that contribute. I would hate to see it die.

SoCal Blur, the Bash is at the dragon.. I think it always has been, and probably always will. There in a corner at the dragon named after it for that reason.

There are plenty of other Meet and Greets throughout the year and in different places around the country (Haya in the Hills, Midwest MnG, Eureka Springs, etc) and you can always start another one out your way!

The Bash isn't like "sponsored" by the org or anything like that, it's just another Meet and Greet. I drove quite a ways to get there, and every motorcyclist should visit the Dragon before they stop riding anyway. It's a win/win..

SoCal Blur said:
5) Another thing might be exclusive product review videos.

I think that's a pretty good idea. With all the sponsors and such cant it be possible? Not on big stuff of course but maybe the day to day small items that make the daily riding life easier? Could be set up on a YouTube channel also with shout out to the sponsor and maybe get more members?

*** edit: to add to the knowledge idea also.... To get more people looking could always record how to do some things and have an .org repair channel on YouTube. First place I look if I get stuck.

6) One last suggestion, another forum I use has a live online group chat feature... almost like a running facbook time line. people just chat and make comments in real time and anyone that is logged in can view or participate. In the other forum, this is available to supporting members only. Now maybe the .Org already has this and I'm just not aware of it. If there is, then it's not advertised enough.

We have live chat now; look at the bottom-left of your browser window..."Chatrooms" It's just not used a whole lot. Sometimes someone will post up "meet in chat" and several members will head there just to chat in real-time.

SoCal Blur, the Bash is at the dragon.. I think it always has been, and probably always will. There in a corner at the dragon named after it for that reason.

There are plenty of other Meet and Greets throughout the year and in different places around the country (Haya in the Hills, Midwest MnG, Eureka Springs, etc) and you can always start another one out your way!

The Bash isn't like "sponsored" by the org or anything like that, it's just another Meet and Greet. I drove quite a ways to get there, and every motorcyclist should visit the Dragon before they stop riding anyway. It's a win/win..

I hear what you're saying, but as I said it was my opinion, i.e., the impression I get and I'm guessing others as well.

Also, the politics need to go. Political views are to heated and will draw bad threads so to be fair no politics should be allowed.

On other boards I visit that I like we have things like "Chat Threads" where you can dicuss any and everything.

I thought that was what random thoughts was for. I disagree about restricting political speech, we have one small section of a large forum to hash out our agreements and disagreements. I think that adds to the .org more than it detracts. Bike related sections = 90% Random thoughts =10% My math may be wrong there but it feels like the right ratio.

SoCalBlur "3) The .Org Bash. (the following is just my opinion) Every year we read about and see pictures from the Bash. The problem is that it's generally in the same part of the country and for the most part, it's the same people that attend (also mostly from that part of the country). This is very discouraging, at least to me, as it seems only a select group of members are ever able to participate. I'm sure other feel "left out." Why not have the Bash in different parts of the country each year, or have simultaneous "Bashes" around the country at the same time? "

I agree here, There's no chance of me riding my bike 5000 miles round trip to ride the dragon for a day or two. I like the idea of having other meetings though. The problem in the west is our states are so much larger you have to go quite a distance to meet with a few people.

We have live chat now; look at the bottom-left of your browser window..."Chatrooms" It's just not used a whole lot. Sometimes someone will post up "meet in chat" and several members will head there just to chat in real-time.

Thanks. I never noticed that before. It's a little different than the one I was mentioning which is more like just a running timeline... but at least it's there. Was there an announcement for this that I missed?

I thought that was what random thoughts was for. I disagree about restricting political speech, we have one small section of a large forum to hash out our agreements and disagreements. I think that adds to the .org more than it detracts. Bike related sections = 90% Random thoughts =10% My math may be wrong there but it feels like the right ratio.

SoCalBlur "3) The .Org Bash. (the following is just my opinion) Every year we read about and see pictures from the Bash. The problem is that it's generally in the same part of the country and for the most part, it's the same people that attend (also mostly from that part of the country). This is very discouraging, at least to me, as it seems only a select group of members are ever able to participate. I'm sure other feel "left out." Why not have the Bash in different parts of the country each year, or have simultaneous "Bashes" around the country at the same time? "

I agree here, There's no chance of me riding my bike 5000 miles round trip to ride the dragon for a day or two. I like the idea of having other meetings though. The problem in the west is our states are so much larger you have to go quite a distance to meet with a few people.

I've seen political threads go south really quick because of the views held by some people differs from the views held by others. Then names, insults and slurs are called and it gets ugly. The main reason its not allowed on some of the other forums. In a perfect setting, political topics can be discussed like adults but all to often it leads to negativitiy. I think that type of thing shows poorly to new or prospective members when they try to look into the recent thread activity.

Also, I do agree there should be more group meets in various parts of the country. West coast, midwest, northeast, southeast and etc.... I does build better bonds when you are able to meet people and put faces to screen names. On another forum I use, they have an annual nationwide event in Kentucky (its a corvette forum so its where they build the vette, ie Kentucky). You can drive, ride or whatever means of transportation you chose to come. It is just a get together for all member to come and get together and have a good time.

Thanks. I never noticed that before. It's a little different than the one I was mentioning which is more like just a running timeline... but at least it's there. Was there an announcement for this that I missed?

If I were a betting man I would say what you saw was called a shoutbox where you could just post a few lines and move on... We opted years ago to not put that on the site because it was difficult to monitor and things move so fast that it really didn't make much sense... On the bottom of the screen not only are the chat rooms but you can also Instant Message people while surfing the site.....

If I were a betting man I would say what you saw was called a shoutbox where you could just post a few lines and move on... We opted years ago to not put that on the site because it was difficult to monitor and things move so fast that it really didn't make much sense... On the bottom of the screen not only are the chat rooms but you can also Instant Message people while surfing the site.....

Thanks, Captain. I knew about the Instant Message and have used it. I somehow missed the chatrooms, though. What do you think about the ideas about a knowledge base (real data base) or some contests to bring in some new interest (in my previous post)?

Back