Bst Carbon Fiber Wheels For Gen Ii

Discussion in 'General Bike Related Topics' started by Skywalker, Dec 10, 2016.

Tags:
  1. ROADTOAD1340

ROADTOAD1340 Registered

Contests won:
    I think I can speak for us all , and say good one Bigdev , you obviously have our best interests of safety at heart , and we thank you for your genuine concerns and efforts . This is another fine example of comradeship that us Busa owners and indeed the general motorcycle community are about . Our concerns for each other are border less when it comes to the brother and sisterhood of motorcycling . This is exactly why I joined up to the Org. , to share experience with like mined folk from around the globe .
    Cheers

2. bigdev

bigdev Registered

Contests won:
    I have contacted the UK Ministry of Transport via email regarding Carbon Fibre Wheels today (2nd October 2017) so I will keep you posted if and when they respond. :)

3. bigdev

bigdev Registered

Contests won:
    Thanks ROADTOAD, when I first contacted BST I said straight away in my email that I wasn't after compensation or a new wheel, (I had already organised one) I was just concerned about the safety factor, their replies have left me less than confident that they are as concerned as I am. If I was them, after I had supplied pics of the damage, I would have asked for the wheel for testing, which I also suggested in my first email, let's face it, they are soooo light, it wouldn't have cost much to ship it haha :cool:

ROADTOAD1340 and Skywalker like this.
  4. ROADTOAD1340

ROADTOAD1340 Registered

Contests won:
    Been very fortunate to be offered an excellent deal on a set of low mileage Gen 2 compatible front 3.5 " and rear 6.00 " x 17 " BST rims from a very good mate . I fully know the life history of these rims and know they are going to be a great spare set , with the rear 6.00" an alternative option to the 6.25" I am currently running on the L2 . I plan on another bike , a project bike (Gen 2 Busa) for sometime in the future , so will possibly run the rim combination I don't choose to use on the L2 streetbike . I will also be interested in trying out either the Pirelli SC2 190/60 or the 200/60 on my respective rim options in future with the SC1 upfront . I have heard very good things from my racer mates about these new tires . I got to say , I am well and truly in deep with this seemingly addiction , to these oh so very sweet BST carbon beauties .
    Cheers

5. bigdev

bigdev Registered

Contests won:
    Got a reply from the UK Ministry of Transport today saying they were passing my concerns onto the Vehicle Safety Branch, so it seems they are not brushing it under the carpet like I thought they may. I will keep you guys posted when they respond :)