BST carbon Fiber wheel questions....need help

Blanca BusaLess

Suffers from PBSD
Donating Member
Registered
I just recently had my $ refunded on a Dymag CF wheel order because they have filed for chapter 11 !
Guess now I am gonna go with the BSTs.
When I ordered the Dymags I asked them if they came with or without dust seals in place as the oem ones in the wheels on the bike should not be reused. I was told that in Dymag Busa model wheels only the front wheel was machined out for a dust seal but did not come with them, not the rear ?
Strange ?

Anyway first question:
Does anybody out there have specific knowledge of whether or not
BST WHEELS FOR 09 BUSA ARE MACHINED OUT FOR DUST SEALS ?

Second question: If answer to first is yes, do the wheels comes with the dust seals or will I have to have some ready ?

I am thinking about ordering from Schnitz as they are offering free ceramic bearings with the purchase at right around $3.4k

Third question: Where/Who has the best deal on these wheels ?

As always I appreciate the help.....Thanks :thumbsup:

Well I can not answer your question directly regarding the BST's as I don't have those. Very few do :whistle:
But when I received my Carrozzeria's....I just yanked the dust seals from my stock front wheel and used those. I'm not sure how much of a concern you should make this as the bearings are bound to be sealed anyways. I put on the dust seals as a precautionary measure.
Think that kind of answers question #2 as well.

#3....well quite a few sponsors can get you good deals on wheels.
That being said I purchased mine from Daniel @ CloudNineMotorSports.com Website is Gone He has a great relationship w/ most all of the wheel manufactures and will work w/ you for a very fair price. Not to mention he is a very knowledgeable guy. Give him a call and ask away.

Remember....we'll be expecting those pics as soon as your wheels arrive.:rulez: You've made how many posts now regarding this topic ??? :whistle:

:laugh:

Remember....we'll be expecting those pics as soon as your wheels arrive. You've made how many posts now regarding this topic
This is only the first one...I have no idea what ur talking about....It wasn't me I swear.....
More than I should.......It's a way of mental escape.
Kinda of like a calgon bath.......take me away....:laugh:
:whistle::whistle:ing and dreaming.

The pics will come, if my head doesn't pop first...:laugh:
Daniel is a class a gent. He has answered a few of my questions already.

Last edited:
The pics will come, if my head doesn't pop first...:laugh:
Daniel is a class a gent. He has answered a few of my questions already.

Tried....I don't know how much help I was, but if anyone can get you squared away...Daniel can. BST's or not....aftermarket wheels on a Busa look great! And with the exception of chrome....are a great performance upgrade.

Good luck :thumbsup:

Just call Schnitz or Daniel at cloud nine and ask them directly. They're both board sponsors... :beerchug:

That's a pretty good deal to get the ceramic bearings for free. :bowdown:

Already did. Both Schnitz and Brock's offered me very fair pricing. Steve at Brock's was understanding and sympathetic but unfortunately could not get me to where I need to be. Unfortunately it is still $500 more than the Dymags. This diff eats up the $ I needed for new tires and labor for all. Back to square one and If I want to get new wheels and another exhaust together I am gonna probably have to go with Marchesini forged mag wheels that I found for $2.6k.

Gonna go for BusaBlast to clear my mind.......:whistle:

Already did. Both Schnitz and Brock's offered me very fair pricing. Steve at Brock's was understanding and sympathetic but unfortunately could not get me to where I need to be. Unfortunately it is still $500 more than the Dymags. This diff eats up the $ I needed for new tires and labor for all. Back to square one and If I want to get new wheels and another exhaust together I am gonna probably have to go with Marchesini forged mag wheels that I found for $2.6k.

And the light to a smarter path dawns on the! Sounds like a good route to go my man :thumbsup:
Got to stretch that dollar these days you know :whistle:

I have had a set of BST's for over 2 years, one of the single best things I did to the 'Busa. Extremely noticable difference in handling all the way around, expensive yes but it was a present to myself...and why go cheap on yourself? :thumbsup:

PS
Check with GPW and see what kind of pricing he can give you.

Last edited:
What wheels and exhaust do you want? What is your price you are trying to stay around for each?

Back