BST Carbon Fiber Wheels On sh.org

nitrousjunkie

60 Years Young And Still On A Busa!
Donating Member
Registered
Saw a set of new BST rims onsh.org today with tires for 3g's, hell of a deal, but some one said with mods they will work on a busa, what exactly does "with modifications" mean? Thanks guys for any help! NJ.

Ask Warbaby he has them mounted on his if I remember correctly .
wink.gif

Yep, thats them, thanks pipefighter! Nobody knows what kinda mods needed to bolt them up?
rock.gif

Yep, thats them, thanks pipefighter! Nobody knows what kinda mods needed to bolt them up?
rock.gif
You just need to mod the spacers for the rims, they came off a 1000 so its pretty much the same thing as putting 1000 wheels on a busa. The guy thats selling them his name is Scott and he said that he mill the spacers down so they would be a direct bolt on for a busa if the buyer wants.
smile.gif

rock.gif
You just need to mod the spacers for the rims, they came off a 1000 so its pretty much the same thing as putting 1000 wheels on a busa. The guy thats selling them his name is Scott and he said that he mill the spacers down so they would be a direct bolt on for a busa if the buyer wants.  
smile.gif
Thanks for the info, lets see If I can make a deal now!

Those are nice...would they hold up day to day driving...pot holes...etc?
They are relatively tough, but I dont think they will take too many impacts like pot holes, I'm considering all the pros and cons, I heard from Scott, said he's waiting for the exact measurements of the busa spacers, also the rims are $3000 with the tires! Its a deal,hoping he gets back to me soon on the thing with the spacers.NJ.

I can't address the GSXR1000 fit issue but mine came new ready to bolt up to a Hayabusa and they fit perfectly. I think they can be had new for $3200 (but only via gwizz509 at that price) here:

The few Busa owners who have them rave about them...including me! The handling improvement is one of those things that simply can't be appreciated until you have experienced it personally.

You can email gwizz509 at the link above for more info. He's a law officer in SC and great guy to deal with.

OOHHH...that's nice![/QUOTE] Thanks! I am totally satisfied with both their performance and appearance.

Wonder if they would hold up for weekend drag racing and some 2 up riding???[/QUOTE] I've heard of no problems of any type from street riding, road racing, and drag racing. I know that they are being used successfully on at least one 7-second drag bike. They are also DOT Approved.

Back