Carbon Fiber Wheels

moloko

Banned
I contacted this place (local to me) HiPer Racing Wheels - Home Page and asked if they had plans on making motorcycle wheels. They said it had been discussed several times, but nothing had been decided for sure as of yet.

I told them to put me on their e-mail list, and keep me updated. I'm thinking if there is enough interest, and enough people contact them about doing this we may be able to push them into deciding motorcycle wheels would be a profitable venture.

The most expensive wheels I found on the site that they make now are 400 bucks each... quite a bit lower than the BST alternative if the motorcycle wheels end up comparable in price to the current offerings.

They have a proprietary method of manufacturing these, and they don't have the 'carbon fiber' weave look to them, however are considerably stronger than conventional carbon fiber. I think they make them a bit thicker for strength also.

Site says they are the same weight as aluminum and more than twice as strong. I'm wondering if we could convince them for a street bike application less weight and just as strong as aluminum would be the way to go?

Perhaps if they get enough interest from us, the Hayabusa wheels could be the first cycle wheels they decide to produce?

Let me know what you guys think, I can always call them back or stop in and chat with them.

I'm thinking if they go ahead with it, organizing a group buy would be awesome!

Lots of 'ifs' but hey, it's worth a shot for very competitive pricing on CF wheels.

I've sold a few sets of their ATV wheels here. They were quite a bit thicker than I thought they were going to be and they were extremely light. Seemed like good stuff and we haven't had one come back yet

In for a gen 2 pending price. Anyone can relate, but if I was going to pay bst price I'd get bst, but these would be a first time run and more goes wrong on the first time. Def interested in this tho. I'd buy pending info

Back