carbon fiber wheels

Anybody else wonder why High End Bikes like Bimota and Ducati don't use CF wheels. Bimotas new D7 is made with nearly all CF (frame included) but still uses Alloy Wheels. Along with the Duc R model both of these go from $50,000 (Bimota) and $39,900 (Duc). I can assure you that an additional $3,500 Bucks wouldn't mean anything. So ??? , Why NO CF Wheels, especially since they Flaunt a Massive reduction in weight by using CF in their ads :whistle:

Anybody else wonder why High End Bikes like Bimota and Ducati don't use CF wheels. Bimotas new D7 is made with nearly all CF (frame included) but still uses Alloy Wheels. Along with the Duc R model both of these go from $50,000 (Bimota) and $39,900 (Duc). I can assure you that an additional $3,500 Bucks wouldn't mean anything. So ??? , Why NO CF Wheels, especially since they Flaunt a Massive reduction in weight by using CF in their ads :whistle:

Seriously, I dont. Any ideas?? Could there be some liability that they just feel that they cant overcome in regards to selling to the general public.

If there is only one place in the world that they can get them, maybe BST wont give them a "deal"?? 3500 cost, is gettting close to 10% of the bikes sale price and that WOULD mean something. Just some of my guesses.

or maybe there is real safety issues AND they dont hold up??????

I don't think BST gives any big discounts...I think they 'make' more $$$ with the other wheel companies.

Back