carbon fiber sticker???

busabeast

likes to pass cars
Registered
ok- so i posted an ad wanting to trade a carbon fiber windscreen and i got like 170 views, but no replies...
after i got curious, i did some investigation and it seems that the windscreen may be a normal, clear aftermarket with a carbon fiber sheet sticker applied to the inside, making it appear to be carbon fiber, but not really cf. could this be possible? is there such a product?

there is something like that...a material with a adhesive back...you should be able to see soome signs of it at the edges if it has a later added. It seems that it should be a bit thicker that tinting film

I think Magical racing makes a carbon screen and you can put a carbon sticker in your windshield . Theres also a place that does a new system type of painting called LIQUI-PRINT GRAPHICS , it is pretty cool thaey can make your stuff look like carbon . A member called Thinker62 works with them and his bike and his wifes bike are done like this

of course there is carbon fiber "looking" vinyl, and they could have stuck some carbon fiber sheets on the inside which would be silly.

that was a crappy pic you posted, and most people can tell fake carbon from real carbon, which may be why your ad didn't get much of a reply.

A word of advice, be careful posting up stuff for sale/trade when you aren't educated in what you have, you might end up with a bad rep.

my sincere apologies- it was sold to me and that was a selling point- i took it for granted that it was what they said...
meant no misleading, just a little ignorant- thats why i'm here now: tryin to get educated.
been riding since i was 15- but grew up with harleys...
just learnin bout the stuff around sport bikes.

yeah-ok- after seein 'my girls gsxr' above: i got some learnin to do- DAMN! sorry guys- any way to take the ad off the site?:leseratte::dunno:

never mind- it exists no more- i kilt it ded!

Last edited:
of course there is carbon fiber "looking" vinyl, and they could have stuck some carbon fiber sheets on the inside which would be silly.

that was a crappy pic you posted, and most people can tell fake carbon from real carbon, which may be why your ad didn't get much of a reply.

A word of advice, be careful posting up stuff for sale/trade when you aren't educated in what you have, you might end up with a bad rep.

my bad- gotta learn someway... be gentle with me- i'm slow-but my bike is fast- eventually the two may even out!!:hide::stoopid:

yeah-ok- after seein 'my girls gsxr' above: i got some learnin to do- DAMN! sorry guys- any way to take the ad off the site?:leseratte::dunno:

never mind- it exists no more- i kilt it ded!

No worries..:thumbsup:

Did ya poke with a stick to make sure its dead, thats what I always do:rofl:

I think Magical racing makes a carbon screen and you can put a carbon sticker in your windshield . Theres also a place that does a new system type of painting called LIQUI-PRINT GRAPHICS , it is pretty cool thaey can make your stuff look like carbon . A member called Thinker62 works with them and his bike and his wifes bike are done like this

Magical racing does carbon fibre windscreen,and its pricey for sure:laugh:

is there such a product?

Yes, 3-M makes it: Carbon Fiber Film | Dedicated To Selling 3M Carbon Fiber DI-NOC Vinyl

I have some on my Busa.

Busa5.jpg

BusaCF4.jpg

BusaCF3.jpg

BusaCF.jpg

thats sweet....wonder what a bike would look like covered inthat tape? if you took your time i bet it would look pretty sweet!

Back