Carbon Fiber Mod

Patten

Registered
I've never seen the finished product of what the wrap-around carbon fiber sheets look like on a real bike.

I mean sure, the testomonials on the sites are always super-great, but that's to be expected
DECALFX.com! CARBON3â„¢ VINYL! Carbon Fiber Hyper Black Looks Realistic with WEAVES! Low cost, high quality vinyl film overlay sheets! Textured for hoods, custom interior dash trim moulding!

not just this specifically, since I"m sure it's a similar product.

I'm looking for some unbiased reviews.

What do you think?

Has anyone ever had any experience using these type of products?
Do you know someone who has?

thanks-

--Patten

It is just a vinyl...like a sticker. Depending on where you put it and how big of area it is will determine the success of the look. You will not be able to wrap an entire fairing without some wrinkles IMO. Small areas that are more flat will work better. I think from 6-10' it may look good, but up close it will look cheap IMO.

I think it is retarded. Carbon fiber is for building a rigid part and loosing some pounds doing it, not for posing. I would never put that crap on my bike. Save it for the big winged Honda's with fart pipes.

I think it is retarded. Carbon fiber is for building a rigid part and loosing some pounds doing it, not for posing. I would never put that crap on my bike. Save it for the big winged Honda's with fart pipes.

+1

I like the Carbon Fiber look but if it is not real CF then it is just squidly.

I thought as much, it likely looks hella tacky up close!

I love the paint on my bike

https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/new-owners-forum/107170-hayabusa-org.html

it's a neat idea though,

I was thinking to put it perhaps on small pieces, such as the connecting plastics under the fairings. I have carbon fiber pieces on my bike Real CF, an the AC-12 carbon helmet.

I thougt it'd be cool for using on the pieces of my bike that I just cant find IN carbon.

but if it looks tacky and a crappy product then I wont.

Anyone ever actually Seeen a product like this in real life?

Thanks

-=Patten

For small pieces that need be protected from scuffing it looks okay, but other wise no.

The link you posted is of the cheap looking - look alike stuff. I have the reald deal carbon sheets from Performance Carbon Fiber Fabric Sheets | SlyMachines.com

Real carbon on adhasive 3m but not cleared over. I used it to make my tank pad. CUts with sizzors but do NOT get wax in it. Best to go get it cleared over after inplace.

Pic of my tank pad. Definat great at keeping the Wifes wring scratches away.

DSCN1206.jpg

DSCN1207.jpg

I have real CF inners. CF look Windscreen. CF was more pricey and the Puig I bought probably hold up better then the real deal from bugs and so forth. Real looks better,but the WS looks great on the bike also.

Someone here has done his Inners with the peel and stick CF stuff. Look good from his pics too.

Those Carbon inners is exactly what I've been looking for>

All I can find is parts from HONG KONG on ebay, and I simply dont trust them.

oh well- I think I'll buy a sheet, shouldnt be too much, and if it blows- I'll just not use it.

I'll be sure to post pics for the .org too :thumbsup:

Those Carbon inners is exactly what I've been looking for>

All I can find is parts from HONG KONG on ebay, and I simply dont trust them.

oh well- I think I'll buy a sheet, shouldnt be too much, and if it blows- I'll just not use it.

I'll be sure to post pics for the .org too :thumbsup:

For good carbon inners....Powerbronze ( mine fit perfect ) and there is also Magicracing. THey have the best carbon stuff.

I picked up my stuff from Japan. Coerce Parts, from maxmcdirect.com great comapny, shipping takes some time but when I had an item damages in shipping they were helpful and got it replaced.

dsc00541.jpg

headon.jpg

Last edited:
Back