Ebay seller WARNING on carbon fiber

busabrent

Registered
Anyone else have experience buying or trying to buy carbon fiber parts for their Busa on Ebay.

Carbon edge makes the parts but Madsen Productions sells many carbon fiber items for the Busa on Ebay.

Won the auction and paid via Paypal the same day auction ended.

A week or so past so I emailed the company to inquire about my parts.

Amy replied that as stated in our listing, we ship within 7-10 business days. So I waited until the 11th business day and sent another e-mail and three others and am getting no response now.?
rock.gif
?
rock.gif
?

Tried to get the telephone number but no listing for that company only contact is thru e-mail.???

I did receive other parts from this company quickly the week before and they were of great quality. Carbon fiber inner dash panels.

Now the parts I am waiting for are the two inner panels along the tank so the dash panels are no good until i get the other two.

I hope i am not getting screwd here?

This sucks when the company has you by the balls and no real person to contact about it.

Well, watch out for them.

rock.gif

i ordered a front fender for a gixxer 1000 and it took along time, cant really remember how many days(b/c it wasnt for me hehe) but i did get it. im thinking around 20 days. made me think twice about buying any of there parts for the busa, i dont like to wait!!!!

I say hang in there a lil' longer. if they have been good in the past, they could be going thru some employee changes, etc.. lots of things could happen.

If they don't respond to your 11th day request within 2 or 3 days, start a trouble ticket thru Paypal. That always gets their attention!

hehe along a similar note...I am trying the "carbon-look adhesive" panels that you get on eBay....2ft square sheets or something like that.
it just arrived and i will be attempting to attach it to a spare set of inners I have here.
It's going to take some thought and sanding to get them right....but I'll take pix if they turn out well.

thanks for the heads-up on Madsen....I was really looking at them for some time now...glad I hesitated.

Hopefully you didnt get stung and they're just probably vaccum bagging up another shipment, just sit back and give it a couple of more days.
Peeps shouldn't sell what they dont have in stock, and shouldnt bill you until your product has been shipped !!!!!!!

Ty

I think someone said this vendor has ondergone several name changes due to problems,When I do go full Carbon Fiber, I'm going with one of the companies from the UK.

I am guessing they are awaiting a supply shipment. They could at least tell me that or something to keep me advised to what is going on. Right now I dont know if they lost my order or if I even exist.

I like Yoyodynes carbon fiber options for full bodywork.

Street & Track carbon panels are $575.00 for a set.

I will wait a little longer and stew over this.

How do ya do the trouble thing with Paypal?

Think they are the outfit NJ is thinking of. Feedback is less than good. When it gets too bad, they open an account under a new name. Won't always show in the account history. What kills me is that their auctions are always in the exact same format with only the name changed. Hope they come through for you. Their prices are temptingly low, but I have steered clear of them so far myself.

<!--EDIT|bronc3
Reason for Edit: None given...|1123271126 -->

I just got my carbon hugger from them. Ordered July 18, recieved Aug 2. I have a serious problem when I pay for a product as soon as I win the auction and you don't ship until 7-10 days. Lets get real here. Unless the item is backordered i'm ok. I can live with delayed shipping if you give me a valid reason, but if the item is in stock let be serious 7-10 just to get shipped. Seriously I can drive to the west coast and back and my product wouldn't be here. You could drive to them and get it faster. i'm a proud owner of the fastest production bike in the world, and I was associated w/ the slowest shipping company. I think my busa is slower now that I have installeed their hugger. Never again I don't care if the part is 1 penny I won't bid.

Damn, thanks for the links on this guy.

Does'nt make me feel any better about getting my parts any time soon.

Why me?? Hope this works out.

This is the first time I have felt screwed using Ebay. I have bought and sold lots of parts for the Busa online.
Pisses me off.

Back