Carbon Fiber Wheels

Well I have set aside the budget for those wheels... checked it out on couple of site. Most sites dont list shipping to India, but I gotta see if I can work around that.

The Carbon wheels save 52lbs
wow.gif
... oh my gosh, thats a huge saving on the weight. Any of you guys come across some site, that sells it online... please do let me know
bowdown.gif
Carbon wheels will save about 11 or 12 lbs. total for the set. Only part of his weight savings (52lbs) is from the wheels.

I just looked at my notes from my wheel change session: The street CF Wheels weigh 4.62 lbs. (front) and 5.94 lbs. (rear) for a total of 10.56 lbs. wheel weight. I weighed the stock aluminum rims (with the bearings installed, factory tires mounted, and steel sprocket) verses the BST rims with bearings installed, Michelin Pilot Sport tires mounted, and a Vortex aluminum sprocket, nuts, etc. The scales said the weight saving difference was 14.8 lbs.

WarBaby see above on mine. How much savings you think I will get with all that?[/QUOTE]

I have no idea what the Ohlins and Brembo parts weigh, probably LESS than the stock parts they replace. I also have no idea what the HMF dual can exhaust weighs, certainly MORE than a single BDE. If you have a steel sub-frame, switching to a `99 - `00 aluminum sub-frame will save almost 8 pounds.

warbaby, know of any online site that deals with alluminium sub-frames
rock.gif

warbaby, know of any online site that deals with alluminium sub-frames[/QUOTE]

They can be found occasionally on eBay and in the "For Sale" sections of this forum and the suzukihayabusa.org forum. I'm not aware of any aftermarket manufacturers who make them. Be aware that the original Hayabusa aluminum sub-frames from `99 and '00 models are marginal for doubling and/or heavy luggage loads. Several have broken near the welded aluminum mounting bosses under the stress of HEAVY loads. I ride solo with the hump installed so I don't worry about it.

What Kinda savings would one expect from this?

Carbon Fiber Rims, Titanium Fitings and Hubs as well as Ceramic Bearings.
HMF(FULL SYSTEM) 4 X 2 Dual High Mount System(Ceramic Coated inside and out with (Hyper Extreme), (cans done only inside)) with Carbon Fiber BigBird Cans.
Ohlins 46PRXLS.
Ohlins Forks(1.5Kilo Springs).
Ohlins Damper.
Brembo Brakes(from Levers to Calipers all replaced).
Wave Rotors/or EBC Rotores(not sure yet).
HH Copper, Ceramic Sinther Racing Pads.
Carbon Fiber Brake Levers.
Stainless Steel Brake Lines.
Carbon Fiber Vented Fender.
Carbon Fiber Hugger w/chain guard.
Carbon Fiber Inners.
Carbon Fiber REAR SETS(or Titanium/Lite Alloy).
Carbon Fiber or Buell Rear Passanger Foot pegs.

<!--EDIT|HayaBusa Knight
Reason for Edit: None given...|1108667503 -->

Carbon Fiber REAR SETS(or Titanium/Lite Alloy).
Let me know if you ever find some of these.

I doubt you will find true CF rearsets (not strong enough)...but companies make titanium rear sets for ducati....so I'd love to hear if you find a company that makes titanium rear sets for the busa

.....of course I don't really see that happening, but it would be nice!

Jay21112 - Well what would be best REARSET and Lightest, yet strong? Send a link to it. I am open but has to be in Black.

Hey hayabusa knight, how much did you pay to get the entire breaking converted to brembo
rock.gif
Is it available as a kit for the busa...
rock.gif

I dont mind some improved breaking on the busa myself, any leads
rock.gif
bowdown.gif

rock.gif

rock.gif

You can see by my signature what I've done and how much I have invested in this bike.  Carbon Fiber wheels are only worth it if you push your bike hard in the turns. You wont feel the weight anywhere else. So if you're not a advanced rider dont waste your time.

More importantly I recently went down on my bike and the front wheel rippled on the lip from 45 mph low side. The bike hit a curb front wheel first and that was it for the $1600 front wheel. I had DYMAG wheels that I would swear by but now I curse them. Dymag no longer has distributors in the U.S. so I would have to replace it from overseas, and with the currency exchange rate the way it is, it would make the wheel $2500.  If I send it back to them they will replace it for $1250, plus shipping, and unlimited down time getting it through customs. I'm just going to buy a BST from MotoWheels.com The guys name is Martin and he's so cool.

bike_001.jpg

Hey hayabusa knight, how much did you pay to get the entire breaking converted to brembo
rock.gif
Is it available as a kit for the busa...
rock.gif

I dont mind some improved breaking on the busa myself, any leads
rock.gif
bowdown.gif
no clue how much it is all a gift to me. anyhow yest their is a Brembo Gold Series Upgrade kit for the Hayabusa.

rock.gif

rock.gif

Jay21112 - Well what would be best REARSET and Lightest, yet strong? Send a link to it. I am open but has to be in Black.
haha, come on, I don't want to do that and stop you from working hard on finding a titanium rearset for the busa. Cause I would much rather you do that and then send ME the link. lol.

However....
There are many rearsets out there right now. For the busa I like the sato rearsets. They are light, well made, and BLACK.

http://www.satoracing.com/rearsetshayabusa.htm

But Sato also makes TITANIUM rearsets for the ducati 999. I think you should call Sato and make them make some titanium rearsets for the busa. Here is the link to the duc ones:

http://www.satoracing.com/rearsets999ti.htm

Back