Yet another Carbon Fiber question

MN72Busa

Formerly known as "Zuki"
Donating Member
Registered
When it comes to carbon fiber, it looks like 2 styles are often used.

-Plain Weave (larger blocky design)
&
-Twill weave (Smaller circular design)

Which type of Carbon Fiber does Coerce, NWS, and Magical Racing use?

Reason Im asking is Im thinking of purchasing some real fully cured CF sheets .015" thick with 3M adhesive on the back to make a few small cosmetic items. Im not talking Vinyl CF paper, but real CF sheets, thin enough to be flexable, yet durable. And, I would like the CF of my Coerce, MR, and NWS parts to match the pannels I would be purchasing. I only have the Coerce fender right now (other parts on order), thus not being able to see the other parts, Im unsure of the CF design they use. Also, does one cloth design have a benefit over the other?

When it comes to carbon fiber, it looks like 2 styles are often used.

-Plain Weave (larger blocky design)
       &
-Twill weave (Smaller circular design)

Which type of Carbon Fiber does Coerce, NWS, and Magical Racing use?

Reason Im asking is Im thinking of purchasing some real fully cured CF sheets .015" thick with 3M adhesive on the back to make a few small cosmetic items. Im not talking Vinyl CF paper, but real CF sheets, thin enough to be flexable, yet durable. And, I would like the CF of my Coerce, MR, and NWS parts to match the pannels I would be purchasing. I only have the Coerce fender right now (other parts on order), thus not being able to see the other parts, Im unsure of the CF design they use. Also, does one cloth design have a benefit over the other?
if cost is a factor, buy one of the junk cf fenders off ebay. Make it fit and take it to a painter or you can tape it off and rattle can and reclear it with black paint to make a custom "bordered" look to it. What you are planning to do I very highly doubt will work.

Well Im not looking at making a fender or anything - Im thinking of making some pieces to cover my resivor covers...simple, plain, rectangular cuts. Also thinking of making a few decorative CF strips that I can put on the nose to blend the CF windscreen and nose together - Nothing fancy, and since the pannels are very thin and flex, coupled with the 3M backing, I thought they would stick and look good.

ya ever thought about making your own like this linky and cloth supply and linky its kinda fun to play with if you have ever used fiberglass resin ya can make carbon fiber parts just takes lots of practice to get them to look good just a thought
smile.gif

Back