OEM Decals, paint , fiber ...

pseudo

Donating Member
Registered
The only decals for my 2005 I've been able to find are from Suzuki directly, and they are $150(USD). Seems a bit steep for vinyl stickers to me. I have found after market ones, but nothing that matches the "rainbow honeycomb" pattern of the original.

I was dumb and pressure washed my bike and one came off on the corner, and I damaged it while trying to get some dirt off of the backing.

Also, anyone here ever clearcoated over their decals? Kinda like what's done on the tank.

Also, I'm thinking, not sure yet, of replacing my body with carbon fiber and titanium silver parts from oppracing, replacing the stock black and silver colors, and placing stock decals over them. Basically it would be a stock looking bike but with a fiber look. Has anyone ever done clearcoat over glossy fiber parts? I want to seal the decals in, but I'm not sure how this would turn out with clear on clear, you know?

I've done clearcoat over clear gelcoat on carbon and on fiberglass. Works great if you prep it right. I'd have a pro do it though. You will have basically ruined your CF parts if the clear delaminates and starts flaking off. And clearcoating over decals works well, too as long as you clean them first.

Fwiw though, if $150 is a problem for you for stock decals how are you going to swallow the price of carbon bodywork? Just curious...
rock.gif

Call me i'll get you a better price on the stickers,break it down which ones you want.

The only decals for my 2005 I've been able to find are from Suzuki directly, and they are $150(USD). Seems a bit steep for vinyl stickers to me. I have found after market ones, but nothing that matches the "rainbow honeycomb" pattern of the original.

I was dumb and pressure washed my bike and one came off on the corner, and I damaged it while trying to get some dirt off of the backing.

Also, anyone here ever clearcoated over their decals? Kinda like what's done on the tank.

Also, I'm thinking, not sure yet, of replacing my body with carbon fiber and titanium silver parts from oppracing, replacing the stock black and silver colors, and placing stock decals over them. Basically it would be a stock looking bike but with a fiber look. Has anyone ever done clearcoat over glossy fiber parts? I want to seal the decals in, but I'm not sure how this would turn out with clear on clear, you know?
If i'mnot totally mistaken about this... i remember to have seen http://www.bikebandit.com selling OE decals... I suggest you checkit out once

Also, I'm thinking, not sure yet, of replacing my body with carbon fiber and titanium silver parts from oppracing,
and your worried about $150? yeeaaaahhhh......
Let me clarify. Carbon fiber seems like a good investment for what you are getting, $150 for one sticker does not. I mean, I'm not worried about spending money on my bike, I'm worried about spending the right kind of money for what I am getting.

I've done clearcoat over clear gelcoat on carbon and on fiberglass. Works great if you prep it right. I'd have a pro do it though. You will have basically ruined your CF parts if the clear delaminates and starts flaking off. And clearcoating over decals works well, too as long as you clean them first.

Fwiw though, if $150 is a problem for you for stock decals how are you going to swallow the price of carbon bodywork? Just curious...
rock.gif
Nice...

I was just curious if it was even worth looking into.

Thanks.

Back