bought a new truck yesterday

ahem...you do know that the last post to this thread was back in MAY 2007, right??

I picked up a smoking deal on the new wheels yesterday, after going to a dozen dealers that lied about "our exact cost of trucks" one showed me the actual invoice cost for the truck. It was perfect, we bought it.

I am going to buy a SRW 1 ton in the next couple days too, and now another dealer that saw the invoice on yesterdays beat it! The standard markup from invoice to retail sticker price on the door is from 5500.00-8000.00 depending on the dealer, options, etc.

Just FYI, the King Ranch SRW I was looking at showed a retail price of $69,879.00 + tax. The DRW Lariet that we bought retailed at $66,787.00. I got it for $60,500.00.

I know is USA the same truck would likely be $55,000.00.

I will keep an eye on mileage, troubles, etc and post here, if anyone cares about the new twin turbo.

I also have a 2000 F350 DRW Lariat LE that is chipped, K&N filter, 4" Exhaust, etc. It is very fast, and the new twin turbo walked away from me. I likely had another thousand pounds in the old truck; fuel tank, winch, hitch, etc, but the 08 walked away. Impressive.

Pics to follow.

Congrats! Owned Ford diesels, but drive a 2006 Dodge now. :-)

Newer technology is great, but for the purchase price of the new trucks I'll cruise up the hills a little slower and enjoy life on a bone stock, nearly-paid-off truck.

What are the new trucks putting out? My '06 was rated at 325hp and 610ft-lbs. They must be pushing nearly 400hp and 700 ft-lbs outta the box nowdays.

0-60 in about 10 seconds pulling a 6200 pound (empty) horse trailer. Manual transmission.

New House 15 Aug 09 050.jpg

Picked up my dully Silverado off of the dealers lot for 26k and sold the bed for couple of thousand more...will be putting an aluminum bed on it...currently completely stock and getting 18 mpg. Sat on dealers lot for 3+ yrs...so it is a 2007..

Back