bought a new truck yesterday

Ken02busa

Donating Member
Registered
I picked up a smoking deal on the new wheels yesterday, after going to a dozen dealers that lied about "our exact cost of trucks" one showed me the actual invoice cost for the truck. It was perfect, we bought it.

I am going to buy a SRW 1 ton in the next couple days too, and now another dealer that saw the invoice on yesterdays beat it! The standard markup from invoice to retail sticker price on the door is from 5500.00-8000.00 depending on the dealer, options, etc.

Just FYI, the King Ranch SRW I was looking at showed a retail price of $69,879.00 + tax. The DRW Lariet that we bought retailed at $66,787.00. I got it for $60,500.00.

I know is USA the same truck would likely be $55,000.00.

I will keep an eye on mileage, troubles, etc and post here, if anyone cares about the new twin turbo.

I also have a 2000 F350 DRW Lariat LE that is chipped, K&N filter, 4" Exhaust, etc. It is very fast, and the new twin turbo walked away from me. I likely had another thousand pounds in the old truck; fuel tank, winch, hitch, etc, but the 08 walked away. Impressive.

Pics to follow.

PICS!!!

SOunds really nice!! So what do you tow with a dually?

I love that look, now I just need the excuse to get one. LOL

Congrats and post up pics when you can!

ive been wonderin how them new twin turbos perform...

my dad has the old one I think everyone is wondering how the new twin turbo runs. sounds loike a nice truck though

0-60 in my tuned up 00 dually is about 10 seconds, in the 08 twin turbo dually is under 9. Mileage with the 08 is around 18 mpcg (canadian gallon, US is about 3.78 litres, Canadian being 4.5 L)
The ride is the best I have seen in any 07-08 truck, and I drove a few from all makes. It is the quietest one as well, new sound damping steel works well. They have a ton of torque, and the new Allison is silky smooth. I am truly amazed it walked away from the 00.

worthless.gif

I will finally be home tomorrow, will try to get some pics. I havent seen Momma and the kids for 2 weeks, so you know where the priorities are gonna be.............
beerchug.gif

here is a dually pic for all you wanting pics. I know it isnt the 08 ford, but its one that i am proud of .......

Dually.jpg

My '00 (see pic later) with a hypertech chip, K&N filter and 4" exhaust gets over 26mpg in summer driving nice. There is no way to chip or exhaust the 08, so what it starts with is as good as it gets.

Back