New Truck!

The rolltops are nice, but it depends what you want to use the bed for.
A friend of mine has a rolltop on his Silverado. It works great, but the box the top rolls into is over a foot square, so it takes up alot of room.
Those ramps fit with a tri-fold, flush mount, hard bed cover, and those covers lift off when needed.
I've been truck shopping for a while now too, and this looks like the easiest way to haul a 4wheeler or bike. :beerchug:
I have a Bakflip on mine and it is great. We get lots of snow here and it really stands up. And it is easy to lock stuff in the bed.

Nice truck Willie, I am with @Mr Brown with the GM, but the eco boost is exceptional. A lot of power. The LIRR has a ton that we service and no long term issues thus far either (except they keep crashing them...too much power for them I suppose)
Congratulations !

Didn't see this post till now , nice truck Willie , I like the Ford F series , I also like the older ones . I had a 76 F-150 with a warmed over 351 ci , manual 4 speed and huge dana diff , it looked pretty tall , but when you got in it , it felt like you were towering over most vehicles . It also had a truck air horn , and I'd regularly use it if anyone was hogging the fast lane out on the open road .

Congrats on the new toy Willie! I’ve been dreaming about one for years, but I want to wait until I can get an F-250 with the diesel motor and 4x4. Enjoy your new toy. :thumbsup:

The F-150 is now available with a diesel too.
You can barely here it run.

My last three trucks have been Toyota’s . I have thought of changing, but I have had such good luck with Toyota.

I've had several Fords and Toyotas, with plans to buy another Toyota...until early this year, when I found out how great the 3.5 ecoboost is on gas.
Tundras get horrible mileage, and even the Tacoma gas mileage isn't as good as the ecoboost. Decided I will buy a full size Ford that gets midsize mileage...not the other way around with a Toyota...not to mention the Ford has incredible power and towing.

I've had several Fords and Toyotas, with plans to buy another Toyota...until early this year, when I found out how great the 3.5 ecoboost is on gas.
Tundras get horrible mileage, and even the Tacoma gas mileage isn't as good as the ecoboost. Decided I will buy a full size Ford that gets midsize mileage...not the other way around with a Toyota...not to mention the Ford has incredible power and towing.

I am surprised how good my Ram is on fuel...at least as good as an Eco boost...probably not as good towing but I'd rather have a good 'ol V8 hauling me around any day.

I have many former serving acquaintances who have/had eco boost Fords and they all told me it gets no where near the advertised mileage much to their dismay.

I am surprised how good my Ram is on fuel...at least as good as an Eco boost...probably not as good towing but I'd rather have a good 'ol V8 hauling me around any day.

I have many former serving acquaintances who have/had eco boost Fords and they all told me it gets no where near the advertised mileage much to their dismay.

I'm going off what co-workers that own eco-boosts tell me the mpg they personally get , I don't buy into what any of them are rated at.
Weather, fuel, fuel blend per season, driving habits, and even location(mtns, plains, lots of highway vs stop and go, etc). :beerchug:

I'm not a mileage counter. I didn't by the truck for efficiency. but I was shocked that the truck costs only about $9 more a week to drive to work than my Honda! My route is all city streets, the the Accords highway numbers don't factor in. also only about 10 miles.

As for the F150 the V6 out performs the V8 and is the preferred engine.

Ram is a great truck and has more manly aesthetics IMHO. The Toyota is more on par with the GMC, both are serious equipment. But when I slap brown $72k + it better have 3 bedrooms and 2 baths!

I'm going off what co-workers that own eco-boosts tell me the mpg they personally get , I don't buy into what any of them are rated at.
Weather, fuel, fuel blend per season, driving habits, and even location(mtns, plains, lots of highway vs stop and go, etc). :beerchug:
Do your coworkers have the 3.5 eco or 2.7 eco? There is a lot of trucks in the parking at work and all those guys that have put a leveling kit and 33s say they only get 15-16mpg at best out of their 3.5 ecos. I know they have diesels F-150s now, but have you seen the price tags on a lariat? if I’m paying that much for a truck, might as well pay a little extra and get the one with the extra towing capacity and keep it until the wheels fall off.

I'm not a mileage counter. I didn't by the truck for efficiency. but I was shocked that the truck costs only about $9 more a week to drive to work than my Honda! My route is all city streets, the the Accords highway numbers don't factor in. also only about 10 miles.

As for the F150 the V6 out performs the V8 and is the preferred engine.

Ram is a great truck and has more manly aesthetics IMHO. The Toyota is more on par with the GMC, both are serious equipment. But when I slap brown $72k + it better have 3 bedrooms and 2 baths!
I feel just like you Willie. My trusty 2013 Accord takes me to work everyday and also from Florida to NY on 2 tanks of gas each way several times a year, so I don’t care about good gas mileage on my second vehicle. My mustang with the 5.0 gets about 17-18 around town, but that is a very fun car with the 6sp manual and 3.73 rear end.

If Ford hadn't screwed me over on my 2006 POS F-150 I might have considered another Ford product. And yes I have heard more good than bad on the 3.5 Ecoboost thus far. Good looking truck Fallen. Every man needs a truck in their lives. They simply can do what nothing else can in the same space.

Good luck with her.

Do your coworkers have the 3.5 eco or 2.7 eco? There is a lot of trucks in the parking at work and all those guys that have put a leveling kit and 33s say they only get 15-16mpg at best out of their 3.5 ecos. I know they have diesels F-150s now, but have you seen the price tags on a lariat? if I’m paying that much for a truck, might as well pay a little extra and get the one with the extra towing capacity and keep it until the wheels fall off.

3 of them have the 3.5, and one bought an '18 F-150 Platinum diesel a couple weeks ago. She says the diesel is getting around 20mpg everywhere, and mid 20's highway.
So very similiar to 3.5 mpg.
As for 15-16 mpg with a lift and big tires...that is Really Good. The lift hurts the mpg more than the weight of the bigger tires too. I had an 01 4Runner years ago that I put 1" spacers on the front, and +2" springs in the rear, so it sat level. Mpg instantly dropped from 17 to 14, and I have experienced this in many vehicles, a few of mine and many of my friends trucks.
So getting 19 to 23-24+ mpg with a full size truck is really impressive, especially with so much power, even more than the 5.0, actually 100 lb' of torque more, and without the racket. I love the sound of a V8, and I'm a Ford man, but like a quiet vehicle as a daily driver. As expected, the V6 makes no noise at all, where as the 5.0 growls everywhere it goes, and it sounds great, just gets old fast to me if it's not a hotrod :beerchug:

3 of them have the 3.5, and one bought an '18 F-150 Platinum diesel a couple weeks ago. She says the diesel is getting around 20mpg everywhere, and mid 20's highway.
So very similiar to 3.5 mpg.
As for 15-16 mpg with a lift and big tires...that is Really Good. The lift hurts the mpg more than the weight of the bigger tires too. I had an 01 4Runner years ago that I put 1" spacers on the front, and +2" springs in the rear, so it sat level. Mpg instantly dropped from 17 to 14, and I have experienced this in many vehicles, a few of mine and many of my friends trucks.
So getting 19 to 23-24+ mpg with a full size truck is really impressive, especially with so much power, even more than the 5.0, actually 100 lb' of torque more, and without the racket. I love the sound of a V8, and I'm a Ford man, but like a quiet vehicle as a daily driver. As expected, the V6 makes no noise at all, where as the 5.0 growls everywhere it goes, and it sounds great, just gets old fast to me if it's not a hotrod :beerchug:

Friends of mine have muffler deletes on their V8 trucks and they are obnoxious to be polite...

Another friend of mine bought an '18 Raptor with the HO 3.5 in it...quite a beast.

Friends of mine have muffler deletes on their V8 trucks and they are obnoxious to be polite...

Another friend of mine bought an '18 Raptor with the HO 3.5 in it...quite a beast.

If I had the money, I would have a Raptor as my daily driver!

Back